Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Monday, November 30, 2020 Heavy Rain, Strong Winds, and Severe Convection

weatherwiz

5 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
27 minutes ago, dryslot said:
Wind is rocking, Frequent gust in the 40 mph range, Power has gone off and on twice now, Up to 1.04" rainfall.

I didn't plan ahead. If we lose power, can't use new genny since I don't have an enclosure for it to keep out of the rain. Might try building a small lean to off of garage

That's the problem I have, haven't had the time to build an enclosure, i may be able to keep it at the end of the garage but would be close. 

3 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
26 minutes ago, dryslot said:
Wind is rocking, Frequent gust in the 40 mph range, Power has gone off and on twice now, Up to 1.04" rainfall.

I didn't plan ahead. If we lose power, can't use new genny since I don't have an enclosure for it to keep out of the rain. Might try building a small lean to off of garage

1 minute ago, DavisStraight said:

That's the problem I have, haven't had the time to build an enclosure, i may be able to keep it at the end of the garage but would be close. 

Mine is portable, I will just run it out in the elements if need be.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I guess a ferry and another ship broke loose form their mooring in Boston harbor. 

My brother in law just text me who works at BIW and they have tugs on standby as they have 2 Navy ships tied up to the dock that they want to make sure do not break free.

12 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
17 minutes ago, dryslot said:
Mine is portable, I will just run it out in the elements if need be.

Mine is portable too, but what's all this stuff I'm reading about electrocution and such if run in the rain or snow?

We ran these things at construction sites in all elements without issue so i'm not sure where that's coming from.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

We ran these things at construction sites in all elements without issue so i'm not sure where that's coming from.

I’ve run my portable genny in all kinds of weather with no probs. never knew otherwise. I’ll take my chances with it out in the weather as opposed to in the garage