• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

2 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

I think you are in a good spot. My area always does better when we see the flow out of the NNW. The mountains in Morgan/Anderson Co cause too much downsloping for me in a NW flow.

I hope you can pull off some decent rates today if nothing else. I've seen NNW flow here fire up bands that stretch all the way into Northern Knox. The next batch of precip appears to be moving almost due East. If it doesn't dry up coming off the Plateau Roane through Knox will likely see snow from it. 

• Like 2

Just now, BhamParker said:

Tapered off to some lighter flurries at the moment, it was moderate for about 45 minutes but none of it accumulated. Looks like the good stuff will be this afternoon and into the night time hours for sure. Sure is nice seeing some flakes!

Good to hear, getting anything to stick in November is hard to pull off anyway. I'd consider it an appetizer.

Waiting is always the hardest part for me during a snow storm. This mornings heavy snow shower was such a tease before the better dynamics roll in this afternoon and into the overnight hours. Classic case of pre storm anxiety here, I guess that's normal when you don't see snow very often. I just re-read MRX forecast discussion to ease the nerves, lol.

Mixing at the house 1900' and 35, it's switched over to Graupel in Madisonville (900'). From what I've heard so far, the state line on the Skyway changed over around 5am.

I always enjoy your updates, mostly because I love the area you are in. Spent a lot of time on 129 camping and stuff.

Light snow here. Looks like the band that was pivoting my way kinda hit the breaks and really blossomed to the west and south in the mid state. 

Lots of healthy looking moisture gathering on the Tenn/Ky line moving your way. 30-40db showing up and that should be all snow.

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic