Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December 2020 General Discussion

Hoosier

1 hour ago, MIstorm97 said:

We only got 1.1” (lol) from that so this probably is going to top that. A real winner of a winter so far being in the donut hole of two events before this

Donut hole - look at a season to date map of Michigan and pick out the donut hole.  I really don't think you have anything to complain about.

https://mrcc.illinois.edu/cliwatch/GIS_plots/nohrsc/nohrsc_mrcc_seas.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, WestMichigan said:

Donut hole - look at a season to date map of Michigan and pick out the donut hole.  I really don't think you have anything to complain about.

https://mrcc.illinois.edu/cliwatch/GIS_plots/nohrsc/nohrsc_mrcc_seas.png

Tbf I'm in that tiny 1.0-2.0 spot in SE Oakland County where it really has been underwhelming compared to close by areas...but yes SW MI has been poverty this winter.

• Thanks 1

picked up 1.5" of sugar snow. Still snowing so may grind out more. Its the kind of snow that literally has the look and consistency of sugar. no fluff factor. Regardless it made for a beautiful evening last night for Holiday nights at Greenfield village. Driving sugar snow plus breathing thru a mask, not a great time to wear glasses:lol:

FB_IMG_1608216098757.jpg

FB_IMG_1608216365447.jpg

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

picked up 1.5" of sugar snow. Still snowing so may grind out more. Its the kind of snow that literally has the look and consistency of sugar. no fluff factor. Regardless it made for a beautiful evening last night for Holiday nights at Greenfield village. Driving sugar snow plus breathing thru a mask, not a great time to wear glasses:lol:

FB_IMG_1608216098757.jpg

FB_IMG_1608216365447.jpg

What snow, all I see is fog :lmao:

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, LansingWeather said:

This is a bit OT but the new "updated" radar for weather.gov sucks. Why on Earth did they get rid of the nice radar?

Yes it does. Who decided that was a good idea?

Good thing I've used GR Level 3 almost exclusively since I got it, Radarscope (on my phone), or COD website (when on a public/shared device that doesn't have either of the aforementioned applications).

12 hours ago, LansingWeather said:

This is a bit OT but the new "updated" radar for weather.gov sucks. Why on Earth did they get rid of the nice radar?

What do you guys think about the storm coming in around Christmas Eve?

Because Adobe discontinued Flash. Most sites with looping capabilities/animation have changed as a result. 

8 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Continued snowing beautifully all day today. I think it's finally ending. Over the last 2 days we have grinded and I mean grinded out 3.1" of snow total. Seaaon at 9.3" to date. Nevertheless it has been a snow globe and it was beautiful and I just love looking at the Christmas decorations in fresh snow.

FB_IMG_1608267464017.jpg

FB_IMG_1608267470071.jpg

FB_IMG_1608267480921.jpg

FB_IMG_1608267489612.jpg

FB_IMG_1608267496247.jpg

Awesome pictures Josh, the fresh snow really helps makes them look good. Side note this December looks and feels way different then last year to me. Last year we were mountain biking December 23rd, this year it’s been chilly and we’ve had enough snow to make it definitely feel like December to me. I saw 17 degrees this morning and some really think freezing fog also. Last weekend while up north it was a awesome winter weekend also. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slow poke said:

Awesome pictures Josh, the fresh snow really helps makes them look good. Side note this December looks and feels way different then last year to me. Last year we were mountain biking December 23rd, this year it’s been chilly and we’ve had enough snow to make it definitely feel like December to me. I saw 17 degrees this morning and some really think freezing fog also. Last weekend while up north it was a awesome winter weekend also. 

Thanks. Hoping the north builds up the pack, its time!