• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

18 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Euro with a little tick North. But I do love Canadians. Probably the last great weenie map for this event.

Yeah seems hard to believe BGM could potentially push 20" while SYR is only 4-5", but Euro is adamant on the sharp cutoffs. Guessing the remaining watches will be converted to warnings from Steuben to Otsego counties, with a WWA for the rest of the northern counties save maybe northern Oneida.

Screenshot_20201216-012254_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1056ddaadd0b576f83de49c5ac1cb755.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Yeah seems hard to believe BGM could potentially push 20" while SYR is only 4-5", but Euro is adamant on the sharp cutoffs. Guessing the remaining watches will be converted to warnings from Steuben to Otsego counties, with a WWA for the rest of the northern counties save maybe northern Oneida.

Screenshot_20201216-012254_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1056ddaadd0b576f83de49c5ac1cb755.jpg

Sure seems to be the theme. I’d still watch for some last minute adjustments north or south or banding placement. If any area surprises I’d think it would be Syracuse. They usually do well with this track...

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

Sure seems to be the theme. I’d still watch for some last minute adjustments north or south or banding placement. If any area surprises I’d think it would be Syracuse. They usually do well with this track...

Yeah I agree. 18z EPS mean qpf actually increased a bit, so there definately solid potential for thruway areas to still get 6+ out of this esp since ratios should be around 15:1 I'd think. See what 0z EPS shows, but based on the control run moving north a bit, I'd expect similar uptick in the EPS mean too.

Screenshot_20201216-014649_Chrome.thumb.jpg.710e6fef6eba8b27ecb0147d34e8c6e4.jpg

32 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Sad to see how quiet it is on here this morning...hopefully next week brings the goods as the Xmas storm is all over the place and I’m not in the mood for just another deep dry cold shot after a storm missed us.

You can always tell if it’s good or bad based on the replies. When I saw how few were active I knew we busted. It was always a bust. The typical 36 hr nw fake-out got us! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

You can always tell if it’s good or bad based on the replies. When I saw how few were active I knew we busted. It was always a bust. The typical 36 hr nw fake-out got us! 

Things look good for at least a moderate snowfall out this way, but there are oddly few of us in ENY on here.  Meaning east of Utica, and in the Albany-Glens Falls corridor.   I think I remember there being more of us in the old Eastern US weather board.  There's little point in celebrating alone, lol.  ALB, Saratoga, and the eastern Mohawk Valley down to BGM look to do OK, as far as Upstate is concerned.  Maybe areas up to the Thruway corridor can hopefully get something decent out of it too.

7 minutes ago, Stash said:

Things look good for at least a moderate snowfall out this way, but there are oddly few of us in ENY on here.  Meaning east of Utica, and in the Albany-Glens Falls corridor.   I think I remember there being more of us in the old Eastern US weather board.  There's little point in celebrating alone, lol.  ALB, Saratoga, and the eastern Mohawk Valley down to BGM look to do OK, as far as Upstate is concerned.  Maybe areas up to the Thruway corridor can hopefully get something decent out of it too.

What happened to Logan?

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I think the biggest snowstorm I've experienced during my time in Upstate New York was in November 2018 when we had something like a 10 inch snowstorm in Redfield. Pretty lame.

We have had some good ones although one of the downsides of living here is memory gets swamped by the barrage of middling events and lake effect, which sometimes make a prolonged 2 or 3 day storm/event.  It all sort of blends together.  I'd have to look at my Cocorahs records.

Forecast of 2-3" here by NWS is pretty much what I was thinking here a couple days ago. Syracuse proper may squeeze out a few more inches.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

We have had some good ones although one of the downsides of living here is memory gets swamped by the barrage of middling events and lake effect, which sometimes make a prolonged 2 or 3 day storm/event.  It all sort of blends together.  I'd have to look at my Cocorahs records.

Forecast of 2-3" here by NWS is pretty much what I was thinking here a couple days ago. Syracuse proper may squeeze out a few more inches.

I'd love to be not on "the line" for once... haha

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Bro, since you moved into to he area to the weather has progressively gone down hill, emoji38.pngemoji23.png!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I warned you guys...it's the legend of my weather curse. :P When I moved to West Michigan, they were breaking "warmest ever" records as well. lol

Climate Change and me make one powerful team.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Stash said:

I'm in eastern NY. Southern Adirondack/Great sacandaga lake region. NWS has us at 7-14. Nam and short range look really good.

32 minutes ago, Stash said:

I'm up near the Albany area for this storm...I think it will be better here than where I'd usually be, along I95 in MD! My main concern is if the secondary mid-level (~700-mb) band stays just south of ALB, and we're stuck in the subsidence zone of the circulation during the period of heaviest snow.