• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 30-December 2 *Potential* Winter Storm

Hoosier

Still awaiting any change over to the frozen stuff here in N OH. That is expected to commence around sunset and be completely snow by 10 pm. Freezing layer appears to be just above the surface now with lowest correlation coefficients coinciding with a radar beam height of ~400 feet. it was up at around 1000 feet earlier today, so we are making progress.

• Like 1

I’d comfortably say we have hit 4 inches here in Bellefontaine, OH. Pretty steady all day. Hovered right around freezing so didn’t lose much during the day. It’s really beautiful. Just started sticking to the roads. Hopefully we can pick up an extra inch or two overnight! 

• Like 4

HiRes models not looking good for NW OH NE IN.  They were showing an enhanced defo band lasting through the night but a weaker surface low seems to be escaping faster.  At least y'all got "measurable" snow.  My LES tickler has about petered out. :P  Got an inch once temps dropped this evening.  Combination of grapul and micro flakes due to warm 850's from the NW?? lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

its gorgeous here on the far east side. probably over 3.5 now. winter wonderland 

That donut hole over SE Oakland County into far N Wayne County on every model appears to have come true haha. Grass tips are poking out still and everything here. Probably added a couple tenths but that is it. This is what I get for being in the jackpot several times the previous few winters. It's still frustrating to be surrounded by 2.5-4" amounts and have just over an inch.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Snowstorms said:

Winter wonderland outside. Haven't measured yet but definitely over 2" and coming down heavily. Cue Dino's Let it snow. 

For the Lakeshore GTA and Niagara/Hamilton this will be our first legitimate snowfall even though it takes 24 hours haha. Looks to be widespread 4-6" with isolated 8" pockets possible up on the escarpment. Im already at 4" with another 12+ hours of light snow. Last weekends storm I ended with around 3" followed by rain which washed away a lot of it, so this one is a bigger event for those that missed last weekends. 

18 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

For the Lakeshore GTA and Niagara/Hamilton this will be our first legitimate snowfall even though it takes 24 hours haha. Looks to be widespread 4-6" with isolated 8" pockets possible up on the escarpment. Im already at 4" with another 12+ hours of light snow. Last weekends storm I ended with around 3" followed by rain which washed away a lot of it, so this one is a bigger event for those that missed last weekends. 

Definitely. Last storm we were all riding a thin line. Ended up with a surprise 22cm since I'm away from the Lake. I'm at ~7.5cm so far. I agree, this is one of those all-day type of events but still not bad. EC upped their forecast to upwards of 15cm (6") for Toronto. Based on the latest surface obs, the LP is currently sitting over us right now. Things will start up to pick again later in the afternoon as the Low rotates so I wouldn’t be surprised if you end up with 15-20cm (6-8”) by tonight.

I plowed my driveway this morning for the first time this season,  definitely  looks wintery out there. Probably have 3” or so on the ground now but the 1” or so that fell yesterday morning melted before it switched back yesterday evening. The storm two day total was probably closer to 4”-4.5” which was pretty much what the Detroit nws was calling for, in my opinion they did a pretty good job with this storm. 

• Like 1

My forecast was for 20 cm, so far I have 10 cm on elevated surfaces and mainly 5 cm on grass and roads. Nothing has been falling for a few hours and I think i'll just have nuisance flakes later. Knowing nothing about this winter event this outcome is pretty much exactly what I was expecting. I'm curious to know how much Collingwood and Owen Sound get though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MIstorm97 said:

Finished with 1.1” here. Farmington got 1.2” so I know my low amount isn’t off. Need a storm that has good rates and actual cold air to work with

this morning it felt like mid winter. wind chills in the teens, snow blowing and drifting.  It was just a bad track for the northwest suburbs. 

• Like 1

Finished with 4.3" as we had a few snow showers this afternoon drop another light dusting. DTW with 3.9"; it appears the eastern half of the eastern most counties in southeast Michigan finished with 3-5", while the rest of southeast MI received 0.5-3". Not too far West of the metro area almost no snow at all fell. Will be interesting to see if DTX does a map.

FB_IMG_1606847063731.jpg

• Like 5