Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 30-December 2 *Potential* Winter Storm

Hoosier

9 minutes ago, Snownado said:

Talk about a screw job for Fort Wayne. 

StormTotalSnow.png

Eh, when you've lived here long enough you come to expect it haha! 4"-6" snow events happen maybe a couple times a winter. Maybe! 6"+ happen every few years if we're lucky. 

I still think that map is overdone for Fort Wayne, and especially NW Ohio. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Rough times for the shoreline

Lakeshore Hazard Message
National Weather Service Chicago IL
942 AM CST Sun Nov 29 2020

INZ001-002-292345-
/O.CON.KLOT.LS.W.0009.201130T0600Z-201201T1800Z/
Lake IN-Porter-
942 AM CST Sun Nov 29 2020

...LAKESHORE FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT
TONIGHT TO NOON CST TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Significant lakeshore flooding and shoreline erosion
  expected due to large waves of 13 to 17 feet and high lake
  levels.

* WHERE...Lake IN and Porter Counties.

* WHEN...From midnight tonight to noon CST Tuesday. The worst
  conditions are expected Monday and Monday evening.

* IMPACTS...Numerous roads closed and low lying property
  including parking lots, lawns, and homes and businesses will
  be inundated near the lake. Some shoreline erosion will occur.

* IMPACTS...The large waves combined with high lake levels will
  exacerbate beach and shoreline erosion. Additionally, a one foot
  increase in the water levels is possible along river mouths,
  canals, and ports along Lake Michigan. Low-lying property
  including parking lots, parks, paths, lawns, and structures
  along the immediate lakeshore will likely be inundated. Numerous
  road closures are possible. This includes East Lake Front Drive
  in the Beverly Hills area. Stay dry when waves are high!

The parking lot at the beach in New Buffalo is still partially destroyed from the spring. That’s probably going to get wrecked more tomorrow. Wonder if Lake Front Drive in Beverly Hills will crumble away more. Between the lakeshore flooding/waves and the LES, it should be intense tomorrow 

1 hour ago, MIstorm97 said:

The parking lot at the beach in New Buffalo is still partially destroyed from the spring. That’s probably going to get wrecked more tomorrow. Wonder if Lake Front Drive in Beverly Hills will crumble away more. Between the lakeshore flooding/waves and the LES, it should be intense tomorrow 

Wife and I drove through Beverley Shores and Michigan City through Michiana Shores a few weeks ago.  The road through Beverley Shores is closed as you enter La Porte County.  The rest of the lakeshore roads were okay.  Unfortunately, it will be dark when I finish work tomorrow, otherwise we would take a quick trip to Whiting.

• Like 1

For what it's worth the 00Z HRRR came in stronger and a bit more west longer with the surface low than most other guidance.  Gave OH,  Eastern IN, KY and TN  a lot more love at 10:1 than previous runs.  It still looks skittish due to warm boundary temps but it was a pretty decent tick up.  Keeps the surface low under 990 and parks it in western PA and NY through the end of the run.  Could be even better news for the N OH folks in the snow belt.  Btw, it also hammers parts of the NC/TN mountains with spots up to 20 inches.

16 minutes ago, jrips27 said:

Changed over to a very light snow here in Bellefontaine about 20 minutes ago. Radar looks pretty anemic to me. Going to take a lot more than this to get some accumulations today 

I believe the storm is in its infancy stages. It is supposed to intensify & slow down a bit. Time will tell....

14 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

I believe the storm is in its infancy stages. It is supposed to intensify & slow down a bit. Time will tell....

Yeah I’m probably just getting impatient haha. I will give it a shot to develop today! Radar just looks a little less juicy compared to what I pictured based on the models. It’s picked up a bit here in Bellefontaine and we now have a dusting on grassy areas. 

So my forecast here in the thumb of Michigan was for 1/2” during the day today and possibly 2” tonight and 2” tomorrow, thing I don’t understand is my grass is getting close to being covered already, probably 1.5” already and really snowing hard now. Is it going to warm up and start raining and melt the snow we have down to a 1/2” or does this storm have a chance to over perform? We have to run into town, this afternoon,  Port Huron, to grab a few things and we’re going to go by the lake to hopefully see some big waves, 12’-16’ footers! 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

all snow here but not sticking. can't complain as east side should get the best snow tonight.

Same for here, had good rates but just couldn't stick. The snow board and some grassy surfaces had a slushy tenth for like 15 minutes. A friend in Novi posted a picture in a Twitter chat I'm in and they have about a solid inch covering all grassy and elevated surfaces. That extra few hundred feet of elevation really helps in these scenarios, plus being farther away from the water.

• Like 1