Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 30-December 2 *Potential* Winter Storm

Hoosier

Just now, vpbob21 said:

Yeah I think Bellefontaine would be a  great place to be in this setup.  I think that area was the jackpot zone when Sandy came through here a few years ago.

On second thought, I agree. Ditch Lima, go to Bellefontaine !

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vpbob21 said:

Yeah I think Bellefontaine would be a  great place to be in this setup.  I think that area was the jackpot zone when Sandy came through here a few years ago.

I lived in Bellefontaine for several years back in the '90s. Not my fondest place I've lived, but one bright side was the winters tended to be awesome.  The elevation always seems to allow for a lot more snow and cold than surrounding areas and rarely deals with the rain-snow line that plagues the I-70/I-71 corridors.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IWXwx said:

I'm caught in no man's land. Just a little too far west of the synoptic good stuff and too far east for the impressive LES band.

Although I'm not dispirited because we will still get some snow and I would only need a 20-30 mile west shift of synoptic snow (at least per the Euro) to get a significant snow.

I'll be rooting for you.  I think I might be just a bit too far west to get much LES....maybe an inch here in Griffith unless we get a due n/s fetch down the lake for awhile.  I know Hoosier is forecasting more and he has more experience in recent years in this area than I do.  That certainly is a strong LES band setting up to dive  into IN pretty far se.  Latest delta T I've seen has been around 17.  I like it more around 20.  Good luck to those who catch the system snow to the east and get under the brunt of the LES band. Good way to start met winter.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jrips27 said:

Thanks for the help guys. Looking to reserve a room this evening.

All roads lead to Bellefontaine? :) 617709137_18zNAMKuchera.thumb.png.91c69035460b2082603d45479a84e912.png

I mean if you are going to drive all the way to OH, it might be even better to drive to Mansfield instead. I'm not sure.  Based on this map I would say go to Mansfield.

• Like 1

Just now, Angrysummons said:

People shouldn't put too much hype into this system. It will struggle to accum outside elevated areas. It really needed a powerful phase to generate the kind of storm weenies hope for.

Its sorta a premeal snack.

Not everyone needs 10" to be happy. I grew up in the south and 2" is a lot of snow by my standards.

• Like 3

Just now, Angrysummons said:

People shouldn't put too much hype into this system. It will struggle to accum outside elevated areas. It really needed a powerful phase to generate the kind of storm weenies hope for.

Its sorta a premeal snack.

Kind of agree with this.  This is the type of storm you go with a conservative amount/strength and hope for it to over perform.  

1 minute ago, Gino27 said:

ILN is also forecasting this as a two round system. There would still be a few more inches across the board after 4am. 

That's kind of deceiving then. Why not just issue a forecast for the entire 2 rounds instead of just for 1 round ?

50 minutes ago, Indystorm said:

I'll be rooting for you.  I think I might be just a bit too far west to get much LES....maybe an inch here in Griffith unless we get a due n/s fetch down the lake for awhile.  I know Hoosier is forecasting more and he has more experience in recent years in this area than I do.  That certainly is a strong LES band setting up to dive  into IN pretty far se.  Latest delta T I've seen has been around 17.  I like it more around 20.  Good luck to those who catch the system snow to the east and get under the brunt of the LES band. Good way to start met winter.

The 3-6" I am going with is for areas just to our east... far eastern LOT and into western IWX.  I have deliberately been holding off on a call for our backyards because of more uncertainty this far west as far as the duration of snow.  There are some signals for multiple bands, and there could be flakes in the air for many hours, even for us.  If I had a gun to my head, I'd go with 1-2" for us, with most of that on colder/grassy surfaces.  Marine influence/marginal temps are complicating factors, though being several miles inland should help a little.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gino27 said:

image.thumb.png.9a6a0333910c9356664a3617f5ed276b.png

They just updated it to include the rest of Tuesday. This is either conservative, or genius. Time will tell.

Is this consistent with most of the models ? It seems to me like most models are showing a bit more than this ?

29 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

The 3-6" I am going with is for areas just to our east... far eastern LOT and into western IWX.  I have deliberately been holding off on a call for our backyards because of more uncertainty this far west as far as the duration of snow.  There are some signals for multiple bands, and there could be flakes in the air for many hours, even for us.  If I had a gun to my head, I'd go with 1-2" for us, with most of that on colder/grassy surfaces.  Marine influence/marginal temps are complicating factors, though being several miles inland should help a little.  

If this were a bigger snow I’d consider chasing the snow band into LaPorte County but I’ll just enjoy the radar returns for this one. I’m too far east to be in the best stuff but hopefully the band will wobble overhead for a bit to get an inch or so.