• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

The next 8 days are averaging 42degs.(37/47).         Making it 37degs., or about -1.0.       December should be near Normal by the 16th.

EURO, GFS have a Trace of snow tomorrow, CMC does not.     At any rate, there may be about 4 50's incoming, Thurs. onward.

As of today's runs,  Albany could have 2' on ground by Christmas, while we are left out.

32*(60%RH) here at 6am, flurries?       31* at 7am, dark clouds.      30* at 8am.      34* at 1pm.       37* at 3pm.

Morning thoughts...

Clouds will yield to partly sunny skies. It will remain cool. Temperatures will likely top out in the upper 30s and lower 40s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 38°

Newark: 40°

Philadelphia: 40°

Cool temperatures should persist through tomorrow. Some snow flurries and snow showers are likely tomorrow, as well.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rclab said:

I was reading the observations from my Brooklyn forum neighbors. I rushed to my back window and scanned my overcast postage stamp.. I turned away when the laughter from my still alive tomato plant started to annoy me. I’ll look again after the coffee settles. As always

That is one hearty tomato plant! You should save the seeds from that thing!

28F

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rclab said:

I was reading the observations from my Brooklyn forum neighbors. I rushed to my back window and scanned my overcast postage stamp.. I turned away when the laughter from my still alive tomato plant started to annoy me. I’ll look again after the coffee settles. As always

Snow grains 29°

My broccoli mocks me as well 

• Like 1

4 hours later and I'm still seeing random flakes. A few even got together and are having a little accumulation party but only a few, the rest got blown away.

I just pulled the last carrots of the year yesterday. I'm looking forward to this little warm shot, most of my beds froze so it's perfect to turn them and get the moisture distributed better for winter composting. I procrastinated putting in the garlic so it needs a few warm days to get it settled after I put it in tomorrow or Thursday.

• Like 1