Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

yoda

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

Seems like Euro cut qpf quite a bit from 12z?

Isn’t this the time frame where Euro or some of the models have their blips and then come back to reality? Usually between 72-96 hours or so from start time? Do some wonky things and then recorrect? 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yup thats what I have been expecting all along. I am hoping for the back end thump with the deform band per the 12z op run.. Anything at the front end will be washed away most likely.

When's the last time we had a deform band materialize on the shore, always seems to be pulling away to quick.

1 minute ago, SnowtoRain said:

When's the last time we had a deform band materialize on the shore, always seems to be pulling away to quick.

Oh it happens in pretty much all the biggies.(excluding the 2016 debacle).This one will be on the move and mostly to the NE, so it would likely be pretty brief.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

No one along or west of I-95 should be upset with the 18z EPS...even cutting the totals in half, it's a solid low end warning event at least. Even Charles and southern PG get a decent advisory level event.

Not upset with that look at all. Almost warning level down here NW of FXBG 

6 minutes ago, Climate175 said:

Do realize we would be getting a decent snow a week before Christmas in our region if it is 6-12 inches and above. It's been a while since that happened, and we might still have the snow on the ground on Christmas Day itself with the cold temps.

It’s that damn CMC run with the green snow depth yesterday.  I’m telling you it fcuks with people. Gets everyone juiced up so much that 6 inches seems like a fail.  It’s not right it’s just the MA forum crew MO. We have a chance to reset again for 0z with 4 days left.    

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Not over here. It shriveled to nothing as it moved east. We dry slotted and never got more than a dusting after that.

I lucked out and it dropped 7" on the 14" I got before dry slotting also. It was a nail biter while in the dry slot. Then it finally moved in around 2ish. It dumped hard late that afternoon. 

6 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I lucked out and and dropped 7" on the 14" I got before dry slotting also. It was a nail biter while in the dry slot. Then it finally moved in around 2ish. It dumped hard late that afternoon. 

Yeah I cant recall why that band rapidly weakened as it moved east. Kind of unusual for the big storms around here. 1996 had an incredible CCB after the sleety period.

I ended up with 15" before the dry slot hit, but it sucked because I wanted the 20+ I was promised.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Climate175 said:

Do realize we would be getting a decent snow a week before Christmas in our region if it is 6-12 inches and above. It's been a while since that happened, and we might still have the snow on the ground on Christmas Day itself with the cold temps.

Lol. There will NOT be snow on the ground in dc for Xmas... at least not the remainder of weds storm. Perhaps another storm.

I think we should be careful in describing 6-12 “area wide”. I think the models are a trying to show some of the first red flags for 95 crew. By my count, there’s a considerable more amount of (almost) whiffs on the 18z eps. I think the amped NE hp and PNA might be coming back to earth a bit. I do not see us just “needed to 2 more degrees” for area wide 12”+. I think there’s a strong case that actually goes the other way actually.

We’ll see but my wag is 0Z euro holds course from 12z, with just a touch warmer at 850/925 and we all argue about the granularity of this revelation.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic