Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

yoda

12 minutes ago, Ji said:

i havent seen snow since 18-19. I would be very happy with a 4 inch storm covering christmas decorations. Unlike last winter...i have zero expectations so anything will be gravy

For 5 minutes maybe. I mean you complained 2010 was a bust in the 5 weeks between epic snow blitzes then again in early March because it didn’t snow again after Feb 10. 
ETA: it’s ok. That’s you man. I’m not trying to pick on ya just saying...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ji said:

i havent seen snow since 18-19. I would be very happy with a 4 inch storm covering christmas decorations. Unlike last winter...i have zero expectations so anything will be gravy

5 minutes ago, Ji said:

yea sucks...fast moving storm. you will see the back edge of the snow on radar before the storm even starts

Yup...that aged well 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

^yeah, that's straight up pretty gorgeous.  

Haven't seen any 12z MJO-related products, but on the face of it, it seems to contradict with a respectable wave moving through phases 3-6.  But, the MJO isn't the only factor and isn't alway the dominant factor so who knows?  I hope its right, because that's the best H5 pattern we've had for snow in a couple years.  

Agreed, good point about the MJO. If there’s really an amplified MJO wave going through phases 3-6, the depicted long range pattern doesn’t make any sense. We’ll have to wait and see. Paul Roundy and Isotherm have targeted January as being the wintry month for us

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic