Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

yoda

12 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

David should come back here.

When we get a Radio Show worthy event...trust me...he'll be like the terminator...

31 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Oh boy...hopefully more people can tell us why things wont happen...that makes this place awesome 

We might be brothers from another mother.  Same things irk us, we get each other's inside jokes/mocking...and I mean...Capitol Heights.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

Oh boy...hopefully more people can tell us why things wont happen...that makes this place awesome 

No one wants it to snow more than me. Trust me. I’ve storm chased snowstorms where I couldn’t afford it but went anyway. Hell I lost a job because of 2015 NE event . Ji will tell you if he recalls, but the 2001 bust sent me into a depression at 14 years old. I’m sick in the head when it comes to snow. 

I used to feel the same way when I saw negative posts, but I’m just being realistic. The week after this storm? There’s reason to have tempid excitement

The antecedent air is too warm. The first storm would need to head into 50/50 position, but it’s not doing that on the models. Instead it’s lifting to the NW.  We don’t get snowstorms, normally, with a HP off the SE coast like is being shown. We’d need a monster ULL to close off and stall in the perfect spot and even then with this airmass it likely would be too warm. I’m more enthused with the week after this event. I’m still interested in seeing if the far Nw burbs can cash in though...I’m only talking about the city and immediate burbs of course.

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Only iyby lol . A few Gefs members pop a new low just east of us on Tuesday . Some areas could see a burst of wet snow . If your looking for WSW then no.

I've been casually following that fully knowing there is no chance it happens. From my unhealthy following of the GEFS last year it feels like it can get stuck on an unrealistic idea all the way up until an event is supposed to occur. But for those who want a fun snow map, squint at p02, lol.

1606888800-pdN44Kiq6zM.png

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

If you use the h5 vorticity maps and fast fwd frame by frame ( I use wxbell) the shear number of shortwaves interacting is nuts . Do it with the op Euro or Gfs . Point is ...its busy . I wouldn't be surprised if a clipper or a storm pops in the near medium range( day 4-5) or short range (inside 3 days ). Far from boring.  Really all one could ask for in  early December .

As @Bob Chill always said (btw, he needs to get his ass in here), most of our events pop up under the D6 time frame.  Rarely do we have a long tracking event that's picked out at D8-12.  13-14 winter was notorious for events that showed up around D4-5.  

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

If you use the h5 vorticity maps and fast fwd frame by frame ( I use wxbell) the shear number of shortwaves interacting is nuts . Do it with the op Euro or Gfs . Point is ...its busy . I wouldn't be surprised if a clipper or a storm pops in the near medium range( day 4-5) or short range (inside 3 days ). Far from boring.  Really all one could ask for in  early December .

Can you kindly post the Euro ensemble AO, PNA and NAO please. 

I am asking because the AO really seems to go deeper to -SD than a couple days ago from the CPC site. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic