Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

On 12/24/2020 at 7:53 PM, Ginx snewx said:

Don that is absolutely the worst.   A week ago that easily could have been my fate. Instead tonight I got to spend time with my grand and great grandkids. God bless you and Merry Christmas 

34902.jpeg

"Now for our next story kids, Grampa will tell you of the time I met Fleetwood Mac"

Twas the Night of the Concert 

And all through the Civic Center

No security was stirring

Not even the guy on the door.

The Amps were hung by the stage with care

In hopes that Lindsay would soon be there ...."

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lambeau 

Screenshot_20201227-200446_Gallery.jpg

Been watching the game... love snow football.  I’ve got Rodgers and Adams on my fantasy team.  Looks like I’ll come in 3rd this season.  Won $1100 last season on the 12-friends $100 buy-in.  Adams and Rodgers best tandem in the league... in the snow... on Sunday night.  Fun combo.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

49 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

NYE is no different to a 1 YO than any other night..... you'd take 8 hours without power and an icer vs straight rain. You're on City water and natural gas it's NBD. 

No...I don't care for power disruption.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

The end-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Been watching the game... love snow football.  I’ve got Rodgers and Adams on my fantasy team.  Looks like I’ll come in 3rd this season.  Won $1100 last season on the 12-friends $100 buy-in.  Adams and Rodgers best tandem in the league... in the snow... on Sunday night.  Fun combo.

NFL refs suck so bad

Some of us walk a tightrope. We appreciate when not fascinate weather phenomenon .. but the power loss aspect loses its appeal in about as much rapidity it took for the lights to flick off when standing knowing pretty much anything other than your next breath is powered by electricity in our method and means of life

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Congrats on the win

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I’m up over 100 in my championship LOL I have Rodgers and Adam’s as well.

started 1-5 and after this week will have won 10 straight... pocketing $400 bucks 

2 hours ago, Whineminster said:

NYE is no different to a 1 YO than any other night..... you'd take 8 hours without power and an icer vs straight rain. You're on City water and natural gas it's NBD. 

I’d take warm rain over ice in a heartbeat.   Snow or sleet is fine but ice imprisons me in my home until it melts. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

From LC just now: “A storm to say goodbye to 2020, and start 2021!

The system in question is currently along the shoreline of California. The track scenario is mostly agreed upon by the numerical models, although timing is a bit uncertain. a move into Texas by New Year's Eve should be followed by a slower migration along or just to the right of the Appalachian Mountains, then into the Gulf of St. Lawrence.

Similar to previous disturbances in December, this new impulse will be accompanied by a strong 500MB cold pool. The implication is that we will once more see a brief change-to-sleet/snow on the north and west rim of low pressure. This frozen precipitation potential is marginal for parts of central and northern Texas, probably on New Year's Day. Heavy rain and thunderstorms seem a good bit from SE TX and LA through the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic on January 1 - 3.

I suspect that other mid-latitude cyclones will follow through next month, each a little stronger than the one preceding. With a Rex blocking signature over Baffin Island and the Davis Strait, there will be opportunities for cold air drainage from Canada. You would not know this by looking at the most recent numerical model 2m temperature predictions. But that aspect will slowly change as effects of a strong southern branch jet stream and an ongoing stratospheric warming episode start to impact surface features as we push deeper into 2021.”

14 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

From LC just now: “A storm to say goodbye to 2020, and start 2021!

The system in question is currently along the shoreline of California. The track scenario is mostly agreed upon by the numerical models, although timing is a bit uncertain. a move into Texas by New Year's Eve should be followed by a slower migration along or just to the right of the Appalachian Mountains, then into the Gulf of St. Lawrence.

Similar to previous disturbances in December, this new impulse will be accompanied by a strong 500MB cold pool. The implication is that we will once more see a brief change-to-sleet/snow on the north and west rim of low pressure. This frozen precipitation potential is marginal for parts of central and northern Texas, probably on New Year's Day. Heavy rain and thunderstorms seem a good bit from SE TX and LA through the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic on January 1 - 3.

I suspect that other mid-latitude cyclones will follow through next month, each a little stronger than the one preceding. With a Rex blocking signature over Baffin Island and the Davis Strait, there will be opportunities for cold air drainage from Canada. You would not know this by looking at the most recent numerical model 2m temperature predictions. But that aspect will slowly change as effects of a strong southern branch jet stream and an ongoing stratospheric warming episode start to impact surface features as we push deeper into 2021.”

Sounds like some Farmer’s Almanac BS. 

On 12/24/2020 at 9:33 AM, ORH_wxman said:

30” is tough for any given one spot. For ORH, there’s 3 such storms on record. If you want to count 1888, that makes 4 (they had 32” in that storm but the official records didn’t begin until 1892 there). 

BOS has zero 30” storms on record. Though they have come close on a number of them. Parts of SE MA have had several (1978, 2005, 2015).

Then you have NE MA where some spots have had a few...Feb ‘69, Dec ‘03 (in a narrow swath), Jan 2015 a little further west toward northern 495 belt. But you’d be hard pressed to find a single point that has more than 3 I’d imagine. 

Now, there’s definitely no shortage of 20”+ storms in eastern areas. Most places have double digit storms in the 20”+ range. 

I have had 22 20" Storms (from what I can tell by alllll my research over the years) since 1897-1898.  BUT!!  10 of those 22 Since 1992-1993!!  

• Like 1