Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just run out the door , jump off the steps and run full tilt at him, lower the shoulder and drop him , . All people will see is a couple Pony O’s flying 

We are talking about someone who will spend hours blowing snow from the shady parts of his yard into the sunny parts of his yard later in the season.

I think I need a bunch of you to come over and we just show up as the snow mafia and give him a “talking to”. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’m not even sure what the 12z Ukie is doing now. It basically leaves about half the energy behind but still has some ejected into the southeast. Almost looks like it would have trouble even getting the storm this far north. That could be an icing setup though...

Lol

image.gif.8dc62fd6fbb42b075784f6579edd9c62.gif

It ran the northern stream s/w out ahead like the GFS @hr 120 but did not phase any of the southern stream and left it behind, At any rate, It looks to be heading into a more positive direction.

21 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

People in here would rather have a good pattern in the 7 day than actual snow in the air.

Oh, I've mused/lamented this more than a few times in recent years.

It's the "cinema" of "weather charting" ... it has emerged endemic to the internet age. These modeling displays were never meant for this sort of general consumption by J.Q. En Masse.  This and the engagement?  It's an accident. I can't help but wonder if it is connected to some kind of persecution psychobabble - think about it... Folks have no control, and pine for the next run to rescue their mood?  It really is almost no different than the circuitry of an abusive spousal relationship  lol

Walt Drag

Something is up for 1/1.

12z/26 UK op w snow to PHL and southern stream is out in piece and weak(let's keep in mind the UK is a wildly shifting model imo). 12z/26 GEFS ensembles showing southward signs including snow to I84.   ICON op is south with temps mid to upper 30s n of the warm front NNJ-CT northward.  Not yet a done deal and options seem to be opening up a little more, beyond the windy warm wet scenario. Have to ride it out and I probably won't be back on til this eve. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Walt Drag

Something is up for 1/1.

12z/26 UK op w snow to PHL and southern stream is out in piece and weak(let's keep in mind the UK is a wildly shifting model imo). 12z/26 GEFS ensembles showing southward signs including snow to I84.   ICON op is south with temps mid to upper 30s n of the warm front NNJ-CT northward.  Not yet a done deal and options seem to be opening up a little more, beyond the windy warm wet scenario. Have to ride it out and I probably won't be back on til this eve. 

Walt is one of the best mets. A year in year out mvp candidate of the weather world. I had the pleasure of speaking with Walt on several occasions when he was at BOX.  Walt is great guy and a gentleman. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Yep and it’s real warm for our neck of the woods in the metro area too...upper 50’s

Shorts weather.  Guidance doesn’t have much agreement at this range but cutters verify and the GFS has trended west.  I’ll give it another 2 days.  

Euro did change a lot aloft though. It definitely made a step toward the less phased scenario even if t didn’t come all the way there. It wouldn’t take a whole lot more to bring the wintry scenarios into play.  

Check out 108h today vs 120h on the 00z run...notice up in Canada you see today’s run having a bunch of energy sheared out north of Lake Superior...that also causes the main trough to the south to become more elongated and positive tilted  

image.png.d692e8b542151209c81849ca5e9c077b.png

image.png.e009f555627870a08bb8a84c6882ffd4.png

• Like 3