Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It definitely has a different look from this last storm. It’s close enough that the low is in the area and not headed to the North Pole. Still time for this to keep shifting SE too. 

We don't have a northern stream s/w trying to cut to Hudson Bay with this next one so that's a plus.

18 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Okay. Well make sure you're backing up your words then as facts. Just saying. 

We live in New England. It can snow in crap patterns and rain in good ones. I don’t think saying the pattern looks poor for the next couple of weeks is saying it can’t snow. It’s just saying the odds are against anything substantial. 

• Like 1

Ggem whiffs on the phase too now but it still tries to track the low pretty far west. However, because it whiffs on the initial phase, it allows some high pressure to build in ahead of it so it starts to act more like a SWFE in NNE. Esp at the surface with icing. 

Trend that a little more and there could be a snowier solution on the table. 

I’m not even sure what the 12z Ukie is doing now. It basically leaves about half the energy behind but still has some ejected into the southeast. Almost looks like it would have trouble even getting the storm this far north. That could be an icing setup though...

Lol

image.gif.8dc62fd6fbb42b075784f6579edd9c62.gif

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ggem whiffs on the phase too now but it still tries to track the low pretty far west. However, because it whiffs on the initial phase, it allows some high pressure to build in ahead of it so it starts to act more like a SWFE in NNE. Esp at the surface with icing. 

Trend that a little more and there could be a snowier solution on the table. 

Yeah, looked like a step to the GFS to me. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I’m not even sure what the 12z Ukie is doing now. It basically leaves about half the energy behind but still has some ejected into the southeast. Almost looks like it would have trouble even getting the storm this far north. That could be an icing setup though...

Lol

image.gif.8dc62fd6fbb42b075784f6579edd9c62.gif

Just kill the cutter. I think we will all take cool and dry over a cutter. 

5 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Icon would be ice I think

Verbatim it’s mostly just in the high elevations but in reality it could be more widespread. I’d like to see the isobars orient the sfc front more NE to SW though for a classic icing event. 

1 hour ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again. This is the most pessimistic forum I've ever been on. A lot of you guys give up on everything way to soon. Yea..last year ended up like crap and we were very dissapointed, but a lot of you are brutal, and even bullies at times to others. This is a forum to discuss what may be happening, not bittercasting that the future of this Winter is over. I'm very sure I'll have people comment on this post in a negative way, but I could care less. I am still optimistic about the rest of the winter. I will take a good February ( and even March when we have had some of our greatest blizzards ). With 2020 being such a " locked in the house " kind of year, this type of activity on the forum is supposed to be an enjoyable one. For anyone who disagrees, well then I have an entire ass you can kiss...lololol. To all those who are on here to discuss the prospects of something good and who are optimistic, I'm with all of you. Now... It is looking like we have some good possibilities in early January. Its not set in stone, but it is in the realm of possibilities. 

You should learn how to parse sarcasm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1