Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I guess we’ll see if those anomalies do move WSW into the Davis Straits?  Until then Pacific sucks and getting a ridge developing over the sunken Viking ships won’t help. 

The models flip flopping badly gives some hope that they aren’t handling the entire evolution well in the N ATL. Hopefully one of these systems wave-breaks a nice block into the Davis Strait. 

Hopefully the weeklies actually have a clue and we pop that +PNA after about 1/10 because that would be a pretty nice pattern...+PNA/-NAO. 

• Like 1

I mean, that’s pretty much every single winter in New England unless you are at high elevation and/or upslope region. 
Once in a blue moon we get winters where it’s fairly consistently good or the bad periods are short (‘00-‘01 is a good example) but they are the exception rather than the rule. 
A legit threat could still pop after New Years but it’s going to need more help I think than the models suggested a few days ago given the pattern deterioration. 
Agreed, but it sucks when years ago a Jan thaw consisted of a couple days in the 40s.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Agreed, but it sucks when years ago a Jan thaw consisted of a couple days in the 40s.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Sounds kind of like voodoo. Only a couple days in the 40s would be a way below avg temp January..even in your hood. Our recent Januarys in the past 3 or 4 years have been pretty torchy though, so I can see the fatigue of warm Januarys. 

I guess 2019 wasn’t but all other years since 2015 have been. 

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If you are grasping at straws, the 00z Ukie changed the setup for the New Years storm. Prob a decent winter storm brewing there at 144h for NNE anyway...unfortunately no other model shows this  

image.thumb.gif.ba75b9b39660bcd0da9378d39074aaad.gif

GFS has been slowly showing a colder solution for way up here, and especially Vermont, for the last few runs. Perhaps it can pull off a miracle.