Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

7 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

not gonna lie.....the joy of tracking winter has been severely damaged by what just happened......i thought the last 2 seasons did that.....no...and its not even close.....why do i even bother really?  this is such a stupid thing to invest your time in......i'm done.....

See ya 6Z.

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Relegated to a Charlie Brown window weather watcher that perhaps was the most insane flip of conditions since Jan 96. Will gone down in history. 3.88 rain for the 2 days. Melted 1.26 w/e snow and practically every single large pile of snow. Rivers are raging.

It was probably the top all time screamer in terms of snowmelt so far north. 40” totally wiped out 

49 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Relegated to a Charlie Brown window weather watcher that perhaps was the most insane flip of conditions since Jan 96. Will gone down in history. 3.88 rain for the 2 days. Melted 1.26 w/e snow and practically every single large pile of snow. Rivers are raging.

I still like anomalous weather so from that stand point, that was really impressive.  This was one of the highest-end thaws that we can have in this area.  Tail end of the distribution curve.

We were all warmer than Miami on Christmas morning.

14 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

PNA and EPO are the culprits

Its a shame because the NAO and AO haven't looked this good in a while.

NAO blocking isn’t progged like it was a few days ago. It’s well south of where it was so it doesn’t really help us. 

Still could change, but that’s the main reason it looks worse. PAC has always looked meh for early January. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAO blocking isn’t progged like it was a few days ago. It’s well south of where it was so it doesn’t really help us. 

Still could change, but that’s the main reason it looks worse. PAC has always looked meh for early January. 

I guess we’ll see if those anomalies do move WSW into the Davis Straits?  Until then Pacific sucks and getting a ridge developing over the sunken Viking ships won’t help. 

8 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Every winter we lose at least 1month to nonsense weather. I've accepted it awhile ago and this year looks no different

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I mean, that’s pretty much every single winter in New England unless you are at high elevation and/or upslope region. 

Once in a blue moon we get winters where it’s fairly consistently good or the bad periods are short (‘00-‘01 is a good example) but they are the exception rather than the rule. 

A legit threat could still pop after New Years but it’s going to need more help I think than the models suggested a few days ago given the pattern deterioration.