Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol cringe worthy. We golfed year round in SRI since I was 10 in 1967. I skied in late April my last year in 18. Warming is real but there is a mega difference between weather and climate. At some point you will understand the difference 

Uhmm did I mention that people did not golf during the winter in thepast???? I wrote that I now  know many more people who participate in winter golf than people that participate in winter sports

7 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Uhmm did I mention that people did not golf during the winter in thpast???? I wrote that I know know many more people who participates in winter golf than people that participate in winter sports

Ok fair enough in my 63 years that has been true. Hundreds of golfers tens of skiers. I found that skiers and I had more in common so I gave up golf. Merry Christmas 

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

God love ‘em but that cracks me up every time I see it. I imagine that most of the time they just forget to take it off (how I don’t know) but I just find myself thinking “If you think Corona is in the car OPEN A WINDOW”

It’s the little things :lol: 

Lol,  my daughter in Dayville lost power at 5am. Big tree down. 2 grandkids opening presents by flashlight and candles

I don’t respond to this stuff much anymore but I will here.  Personal attacks, though we have the right to make them in certain ways, don’t ever really work as far as I can tell. Most of us can probably agree that there’s been a lot of irresponsible behavior over the last nine months that hascaused deaths that really would’ve been unnecessary. That seems true and sad. On the other hand, people have to make their own decisions and as long as they consider their impact beyond themselves, the risk to other people, and minimize that, then that is morally acceptable.  Regarding climate, I think most of us can agree that the climate is changing and the globe is warming. It’s hard to point to a specific storm and blame climate change but certainly climate change is affecting weather. I’m not sure how it could be otherwise though it’s extremely difficult to say with any degree of certainty how.  Maybe we can stop the personal attacks since they don’t work anyhow and focus on the large areas of agreement and then try to have discussions in the appropriate forums about what’s truly arguable. Happy holidays everyone

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’ve never played a round of golf in my life. Not even a single hole. 

Last round I played was in St. Andrews about 15 years ago.  I was playing the course adjacent to the Old Course.  First tee I sliced into the fairway of the Old Course hole.  I ran over and played from there so I can truthfully say I played on the Old Course at St Andrews.  The wind picked up as I played.  I lost some balls into the sea, others into gorse.  The guys from the local University that I was playing with had season passes, cut a few holes to finish sooner, and left me behind.   Eventually on the 15th or 16th, just so I could finish, I had to buy some balls from some young kids who were fishing them out of a pond to sell on.  Fun and relaxed experience.  There was even an older local man walking him dog off-leash through the course.

• Like 1

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

I don’t respond to this stuff much anymore but I will here.  Personal attacks, though we have the right to make them in certain ways, don’t ever really work as far as I can tell. Most of us can probably agree that there’s been a lot of irresponsible behavior over the last nine months that hascaused deaths that really would’ve been unnecessary. That seems true and sad. On the other hand, people have to make their own decisions and as long as they consider their impact beyond themselves, the risk to other people, and minimize that, then that is morally acceptable.  Regarding climate, I think most of us can agree that the climate is changing and the globe is warming. It’s hard to point to a specific storm and blame climate change but certainly climate change is affecting weather. I’m not sure how it could be otherwise though it’s extremely difficult to say with any degree of certainty how.  Maybe we can stop the personal attacks since they don’t work anyhow and focus on the large areas of agreement and then try to have discussions in the appropriate forums about what’s truly arguable. Happy holidays everyone

Happy Holidays Mark. We are on to January and rebuild our winter from here on out. I remain positive that the pattern is favorable.  The usual melts everytime we have a rainy interlude are typical.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mothman said:

I’m not telling you what to do. I’m telling you how I feel about your behavior. It’s disgusting and you’re a selfish idiot, the reason our whole country is sick and getting worse. Because you have to have one stupid dinner with your fat ugly family. Go ahead and block me. This makes me sick. Boomers are the worst. The privilege is insane. 

go back and lock yourself in your mom’s basement you whiny little c*nt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

That sucks but for the kids they’ll probably remember it fondly. They’re resilient like that. Hard to be anything but grateful to be amongst love ones, especially in a year like this. 

They will all be here shortly let the madness begin. All of them had tests last week cept the little ones. There is no way I was missing this Christmas, some say irresponsible but small gatherings of family and yea its a chance but I had my brush with death last week so I figure what are the odds lol just kidding. Best part is food especially cookies!!

30 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’ve never played a round of golf in my life. Not even a single hole. 

Same.

I think @Ginx snewx once said something to the effect of “a bunch of drunken adults in clown cars chasing little white balls around a fake park.”  
If you enjoy, great,  just not my thing. I just thought his statement was funny.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

They will all be here shortly let the madness begin. All of them had tests last week cept the little ones. There is no way I was missing this Christmas, some say irresponsible but small gatherings of family and yea its a chance but I had my brush with death last week so I figure what are the odds lol just kidding. Best part is food especially cookies!!

What will Motheater think ?

21 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Same.

I think @Ginx snewx once said something to the effect of “a bunch of drunken adults in clown cars chasing little white balls around a fake park.”  
If you enjoy, great,  just not my thing. I just thought his statement was funny.

Lol I was once a pretty good golfer 80s or so.  Great relaxing walks in nature. Tons of fun with the right people.  Smoking blunts in the clown car while BS in with good friends.  I pretty much ignored the etiquette thing.

53 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Everyone was hyping up a great pattern last week and now people are talking about canceling winter.

Have to love it lol

Winter is NOT cancelled. This is going to be the one that performs few but large snowstorms. They will be very cold storms as well. With some melts in between. It won't be one of those cold and snow, deep pack specials. That's all.

• Weenie 1