Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m built in a way where I get over things very quickly, but I don’t think I’ll ever fully heal from knowing that some members of my family spent their final days alone, died alone, and couldn’t receive a full and proper burial.

I’ll just leave it at that. 

Don that is absolutely the worst.   A week ago that easily could have been my fate. Instead tonight I got to spend time with my grand and great grandkids. God bless you and Merry Christmas 

34902.jpeg

• Like 28

31 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Don that is absolutely the worst.   A week ago that easily could have been my fate. Instead tonight I got to spend time with my grand and great grandkids. God bless you and Merry Christmas 

34902.jpeg

Man you have lost weight!  I love the beard!  Merry Christmas Steve.

i drove down to Chinatown to pick up ur Christmas Eve and Christmas food.   Lott’s of melting around the common and public garden.

• Haha 1

Just now, weathafella said:

Man you have lost weight!  I love the beard!  Merry Christmas Steve.

i drove down to Chinatown to pick up ur Christmas Eve and Christmas food.   Lott’s of melting around the common and public garden.

Getting eviscerated here. The rain has begun but will still make midnight with over an inch so technically white. I am dying for Chinese now lol. My daughter had us over for traditional Ham etc.  Yea I lost like 45 lbs this fall. Gonna see if I can beard all summer lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Getting eviscerated here. The rain has begun but will still make midnight with over an inch so technically white. I am dying for Chinese now lol. My daughter had us over for traditional Ham etc.  Yea I lost like 45 lbs this fall. Gonna see if I can beard all summer lol.

I started my beard in early August.  Summer is fine with it.  Once we retire it’s our time-and as I told someone asking what I’ll do with my time it’s whatever you want to do today time.  Grow a beard, enjoy nature, stay up for the euro-whatever we want.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I started my beard in early August.  Summer is fine with it.  Once we retire it’s our time-and as I told someone asking what I’ll do with my time it’s whatever you want to do today time.  Grow a beard, enjoy nature, stay up for the euro-whatever we want.

Pic? I think there will be many a Euro night after the NY. I think you and I have more cumulative late Euro nights than anyone on this board lol. Dr No is fiend or friend but soon to be our best bud.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Pic? I think there will be many a Euro night after the NY. I think you and I have more cumulative late Euro nights than anyone on this board lol. Dr No is fiend or friend but soon to be our best bud.

I think your 2010-11 call was brilliant.  Let’s see what happens.

36063180-1EBC-4CC8-A51B-E429E527E388.jpeg

• Like 14

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

There really is no block. Grinch storm retros to like Baffin Island and we’re left with this weak sauce ridging south of Greenland for like a week afterward....it’s really after the New Years system that the NAO block tries to build in. 

That weak sauce ridgiing south of Greenland? A week ago the models had that as a better formed block.

Faux NAO blocks go to nothing and now this operational GFS run goes all the way out of 7 January and there’s no sign across conus of any kind of -NAO climate flow whatsoever.

I don’t know we just seem to have trouble with any standing NAO in the models and I think a lot of it has to do with velocity saturation in the general ambience of the whole circulation system. I mean it gets amazing to consider the AO It’s so negative… Yet it’s counterpart EPO and NAO domain spaces have trouble formulating blocking... at what point are peoples eyebrows going to raise hello. 

It appears we are suffering some kind of bizarre anomaly where the AO is very large like it’s going negative but it’s not weak despite collapsing south in latitude ; the flow around the terminus is still very strong and fast and it’s inherently going against curved surfaces so you can’t formulate blocking that way… Fascinating in a not so pleasing way

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That weak sauce ridgiing south of Greenland? A week ago the models had that as a better formed block.

Faux NAO blocks go to nothing and now this operational GFS run goes all the way out of 7 January and there’s no sign across conus of any kind of -NAO climate flow whatsoever.

I don’t know we just seem to have trouble with any standing NAO in the models and I think a lot of it has to do with velocity saturation in the general ambience of the whole circulation system. I mean it gets amazing to consider the AO It’s so negative… Yet it’s counterpart EPO and NAO domain spaces have trouble formulating blocking... at what point are peoples eyebrows going to raise hello. 

It appears we are suffering some kind of bizarre anomaly where the AO is very large like it’s going negative but it’s not weak despite collapsing south in latitude ; the flow around the terminus is still very strong and fast and it’s inherently going against curved surfaces so you can’t formulate blocking that way… Fascinating in a not so pleasing way

Yeah we’ll see. The post-New Years blocking could fail too, though the signal is a lot stronger than this week ever was...so there’s that going for it. But the GFS run definitely shows us how it could fail...we basically get this block 500-1000 miles south of where we originally hoped, lol. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PhineasC said:

New Years is a replay of this last storm. Total dumpster fire on the models. Disaster.

Maybe by the second week of January the mythical epic pattern will materialize.

The number of grotesque cutters this year with zero high in Quebec has been quite unique. Usually there’s at least some level of resistance as they eventually cut to the west, but this year, we’ve seen a couple (and seemingly another on NYD) that have free reign to Hudson Bay and Baffin Island.