Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

49 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Nice! You won’t see any of that advertised anywhere though..funny how that happens?

You do...on dark conspiracy sites where participants think the DC elites eat other people, 9-11 was staged, Sandy Hook school shooting never happened, etc. Have at it..let us know what they say about CC. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I hated that winter. When it snows in mid Nov and practically not again until March, it sucks. But...let’s not act like we’re in a 5 year drought of below avg snows like it’s the 1980s. You’ve lived through some terrible stretches though I assume...so how do these past two winters stack up?

I don’t think I’ll ever see as bad a 4 year stretch as 1988-1989 through 1991-1992 winters. Just brutal. 

At least I hope I don’t see it, lol. 

22 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You do...on dark conspiracy sites where participants think the DC elites eat other people, 9-11 was staged, Sandy Hook school shooting never happened, etc. Have at it..let us know what they say about CC. 

You can have at it...I couldn’t care less Luke. Just noting an observation.  You can take it however you want?

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Third or fourth year in a row where the week in between Christmas and New Years has been a disaster. Unreal. 

Yeah 3 in a row. 2017 was ridiculous. Like -10 temps lol with a couple small refreshers. 

Some crappy luck on the evolution of the Xmas storm up north. Ukie was actually the first to show it a few days ago and all other guidance slowly came on board which eliminated 12/29 threat.

Now the 1/1 threat looks uglier too but still time to fix that one. 

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah 3 in a row. 2017 was ridiculous. Like -10 temps lol with a couple small refreshers. 

Some crappy luck on the evolution of the Xmas storm up north. Ukie was actually the first to show it a few days ago and all other guidance slowly came on board which eliminated 12/29 threat.

Yeah 2017 was cold and some snow, true. 

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

NWS should put the official station on W side of Boston Common,  instead of having it in the place that is coldest in the summer and warmest in the winter.  

Airports will always be one of the first order stations. And by that, they’ll measure too. Central Park is one that has an official ASOS and snow observer (I think still?).  But Boston has an observer in Back Bay. And as far as Logan goes, no more nonsense for now with measuring. For the most part, you won’t see huge differences between the common and Logan. Maybe only in the most marginal of setups. 

4 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

I think you guys up there have a shot with New Years event on the front end. Obviously a torch down here in Philly, but wouldn’t be shocked if you get some waa frozen precip out of it.

Hate to kick the can down the road, but yeah I think it’s first 2 weeks Jan when we start getting better looks

I hope so. However it's muddled where NAO and AO look good but the Pacific looks not so hot. I guess the best time for a storm threat with pac. air would be Jan.

35 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I am OK with the look of the 06z GFS. Two weak systems swing through and drop snow on me followed by some upslope. That works here. No need for wound-up bombs that may cut. 

• Weenie 1