Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I sense a trend in the foreign guidance. 

Yeah it's really a shitty setup with the Xmas storm retrograding into Hudson/Baffin region. I think we're going to need the 12/29 system to re-orient the blocking to more favorable with a bad Pacific not helping. 1/1 will have a chance if that happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol, things are heading south :-(.  

A day or two ago it was look last Xmas(the 25th), now it’s look past the new year...?  

Yeah pack it in for a few days....then recheck to see if 1/1 looks good.

There's a small chance 12/29 could still be pretty wintry, but it would require some changes to what we see right now.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it's really a shitty setup with the Xmas storm retrograding into Hudson/Baffin region. I think we're going to need the 12/29 system to re-orient the blocking to more favorable with a bad Pacific not helping. 1/1 will have a chance if that happens.

Now that’s a true Grinch! warm rains  to Maine for Christmas Eve with the chance of destructive winds and then  backs into Canada to screw up the follow up wave.

Just now, dryslot said:

What a disaster.

We will need to wait and see how it evolves but damn, if I’m ski area management looking at that forecast,  you gotta question if you want to make snow between rainers?  
The answer is probably yes for the big areas but hopefully we can get this to change a little bit.  Jay Peak could end up with record low snowfall for December.