• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

GFS actually has the cold fropa before midnight so the high on the 25th up here would be like U30s or L40s. 1-1.50" of rain would be a win too. We may be able to hold the cold right up until the fropa as well. That would make the pack pretty much indestructible until March.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The torch was much shorter...even down here it’s like maybe 8-10 hours of 50+ and maybe 12-14 of 40+...way more manageable than basically twice those numbers on the euro and earlier GFS runs. 

Problem is we need other guidance to cave that direction. 

The new GFS that they’re moving to in Feb looked like Euro . This FV3 only thing fast

26 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Cmon Wolfie...it’s ok to say the potential is there 10 days out....our mets in this forum do it all the time.   If some weenie can’t take it if it changes that’s on them.

I get what you’re saying Jerry, and I agree.  The difference I think in my mind is, that Will or Scott  or our other Mets, will say it has potential...not say Woof Woof and it’s the best upper air pattern since ‘09 big dog coming etc etc..

I guess that’s what struck me as a bit of sensationalism there.  But I hope he’s right, and it plays out Like that.  

Just now, radarman said:

I was just trying to use it and I noticed that the tiles were painfully slow to load.  At some point the browser just gave up and I have a checkerboard like thing going on.  That's gonna need some attention.

It’s not going to be any better for you. It reminds me of Windy which is far better for wave information but also their radar looks similarly. Are there any other options without a paid subscription?