• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

The grinch storm definitely took a turn for the worse last night. Hopefully it goes back the other direction today on guidance. 

Need to drop that energy into the southwest US so the whole thing goes positive tilt and that would help a lot. 

Either that or we need to really deepen the 12/22 system offshore and slow it down. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Start taking temps down . Extensive Extensive deep snow cover of this magnitude at this time can definitely have change things up. I would be wary of any model outputs 

Yeah and with such significant blocking and -NAO, it’s very difficult to get a strong screamer like they’re saying is coming . Not to say it can’t cut and rain, but you’d likely get some sort of secondary offshore that would keep tenps from going into the 50’s, 60’s. I have a strong suspicion this Xmas Eve deal does not end up a screamer like they’re forecasting here 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Looks active after that. Some strong signals on the eps

Yep the LR continues to look good. EPS are hitting 12/28 and 12/31 as potential dates to watch. 

We just gotta find a way to minimize the grinch storm. Luckily with this type of pattern, 6 days is a lot of time to change things. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Start taking temps down . Extensive Extensive deep snow cover of this magnitude at this time can definitely have change things up. I would be wary of any model outputs 

Hope your felling better Steve. Models even pointing to a strong front down here around Christmas with lows into the 30’s; so no lack of cold air!

33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah and with such significant blocking and -NAO, it’s very difficult to get a strong screamer like they’re saying is coming . Not to say it can’t cut and rain, but you’d likely get some sort of secondary offshore that would keep tenps from going into the 50’s, 60’s. I have a strong suspicion this Xmas Eve deal does not end up a screamer like they’re forecasting here 

You're a mean one......

• Haha 2