Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

In fairness to Phin, he doesn’t know any better coming from the Mid-Atlantic—both in when NOT to panic AND about being ok with a SNE centric storm. 

He’ll be telling us how great winter has been when he has 78.2” and we have 6.5” in January, and will be openly pulling for a 985mb rainier track over our heads in February if it means 24+ for the northern crew. 

He just needs some more seasoning. 

It’s all fun and games until you’re smoking cirrus from a SNE 2ft bomb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Models are all actually going back to the original solutions they had with a second soueast screamer cutting waaay west. They all had that before going offshore. We’ve probably got at least one more this weekend and then we’ll have to see.Trend each run now should be farther west and inland 

-DIT

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

I am hoping for a solid 5 inches (that doesn’t take like 3 days to accumulate) and like 3-4 days of temps in the mid 20s to enjoy it. 

I spent a long weekend at Bolton a few years ago, it snowed all three days for a total of about 7 inches, it was great, it was light to maybe moderate once in a while. They had about 3 feet on the ground at the time.

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Just amazed at how bad the Euro has become...I knew this for a while, but it’s really not very good anymore.  

Just another model. Scores well at h5 but one can’t hang their forecast on it. Just ask DT...he’s been crushed by the euro busts of Jan15, Jan16, and some others. Just have to weigh it accordingly and not be all in on its output. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We have an explosively active pattern with cold on the horizon....there are worse situations at the onset of met winter.

I read this post and saw “confused” and figured-has to be Kevin...lol.   Had some weenie flakes here yesterday. Cleared out this afternoon-34 degrees.

• Like 1

Would love to see a repeat of this storm. Very impactful and memorable storm down here. Wind stayed N and NNW avoiding any changeover. 

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/12/07/us/unpredicted-storm-brings-new-england-up-to-2-feet-of-snow.html

My memory was that winter was good overall here and great for CNE and NNE. Had the early April blizzard too.

Sent from my iPhone
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

When you loop H5 you see why....the pattern is complicated AF. But wow.

Yeah I expect a lot of shifts in this storm. They pretty much all suck for us (as advertised ad nauseam) due to the disgusting airmass....but I’m hoping that whatever happens it helps the pattern behind it. That prob means we want to root for the phased solution if the Euro/EPS is any indication.