Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wait until next weekend, if nothing is imminent. 

It’s weird because in general in sne it’s hard to get good snow consistently before 12/10-15.  And in my 30 winters back from LA, about 20% gave us decent snow before 12/15 give or take a day or 2.  Excluding the fluke October snows.

13 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It’s horrible looking. What he hell happened to that NE magic? It’s just as pathetic in NE now as in MD. LOL

Lmao... Phin, relax your snow is coming and in a big way.  It’s still very early. It’s gonna happen. Let things play out over the next few weeks and let the winter season/pattern get established and set in.  All in due time. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Everyone has their breaking point....if we haven't had anything by about 12/20 with nothing significant in sight, then you likely lose me.

I see this as a successive transition. IOW, we aren't done with cutters or messy events. I just think it will take awhile. It finally looks like the second week and beyond are more favorable, but I hope people don't expect something on 12/8, or the start of the second week, especially SNE. 

• Haha 1

Pretty classic look after the 13th on the EPS. Big cold shot into Plains and spreading out. I feel like that's when chances increase much more for SNE. It doesn't mean we can't get something prior, but that's a look where I'd feel more comfortable...at least for my area. Interior could be sooner.

• Like 1