Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

EPS is getting more ridging into the EPO domain at the end of the run. You can see that if we keep doing the retro, it may get more Nina back half of the month. 

PNA is keeping the trough pinned over our longitude too before that. That’s probably a good spot for it to be with marginal cold around. Lowers the probability of something cutting inland. 

30 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

PNA is keeping the trough pinned over our longitude too before that. That’s probably a good spot for it to be with marginal cold around. Lowers the probability of something cutting inland. 

Yeah and I like getting some more cold in Canada. So far no complaints. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

EPS is getting more ridging into the EPO domain at the end of the run. You can see that if we keep doing the retro, it may get more Nina back half of the month. 

That is a good thing would give us a -EPO. We need that -EPO for a cold load to drop into Canada. Your positive surely helps you guys out in the eastern US with some cold and would help me some too here with big storm chances but need the -EPO too. I don't see how a -EPO would lead to a return of La Nina?. I heard it's getting weaker anyways heading into a moderate one. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, leo2000 said:

That is a good thing would give us a -EPO. We need that -EPO for a cold load to drop into Canada. Your positive surely helps you guys out in the eastern US with some cold and would help me some too here with big storm chances but need the -EPO too. I don't see how a -EPO would lead to a return of La Nina?. I heard it's getting weaker anyways heading into a moderate one. 

You're right Leo.  -EPO will not lead to a return of La Nina.

• Like 1