Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I just mean the overall pattern evolvement. The daily details are meaningless this far out. I feel like any chance of a second wave after the cutter early next week is a Hail Mary.

Yeah not buying it right now. We need to get closer to the first event anyway and figure out how amped or not it ends up because that would impact any potential second wave developing along the stalled boundary. 

Despite the mega amped OP runs, still a good amount of spread in the ensembles for 12/1. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I just mean the overall pattern evolvement. The daily details are meaningless this far out. I feel like any chance of a second wave after the cutter early next week is a Hail Mary.

I know/get it.  At least it looks to be much better/an improvement overall after the first few days or week of December.  That’s the encouraging part.  

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Dec 1995 is probably the best pre holiday stretch....2007 and 2008 had more snow, but each had grinches.

Dec 95 wasn't as nearly as good as the other 3. Only got 13.3" locally which is only slightly above our monthly avg. Whereas we got >25" in Dec 1975, 2007 and 2008. 

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Nothing changed overnight. The weenies have visions of KUs dancing in their heads, but that looks to wait. I suppose you can't rule something out towards Dec 5th....but I'd bet against it.

I have mentioned it a few times in the past, But around the 12/5 date, It has had some decent storms over the years.