Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

ha ha... no kidding. wow -

we stated our case/logic yesterday ...summarily, the ensuing run cycles actually supported those hypothesis rather nicely ...

But then what happens at 12z ?    -

It's like your family member or friend is in the 12th step of rehab and not hearing from them so you go to their house to find them passed out on the floor in a bender - right back there. 

i don't know what to make of that...  it really doesn't fit that well with the persistence, but ... you know - anomalies relative to anomalies, that's usually where the devil lurks in this business.  it's like a Russian nesting doll of anomaly ... The progressive anomaly doll cracks open and out pops an backward anomaly hiccup, just long enough for that thing to happen... then, jumps back inside the other doll after everyone's fun's been ruined  lol

i dunno ... fwiw, all players are over the Pacific.   The intermediate/polar stream wave mechanics won't even relay over land until 4 days from 12z this morning...  the vestigial southern stream low doesn't come in until tomorrow....   Meanwhile, the whole ordeal from D6 -10 is during a mode change of the PNA...?  There's enough objective uncertainty there not to be sold on this solution -

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Crazy. It only took two years of waiting. What is causing this look? Warm pool off the west coast? Mjo in cod? 

Who knows...good question. Something similar happened in the strong La Nina of 1975-1976. Might be a good couple case studies some day.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

How are their graphics? I hate the color scheme...only thing that lures me is the quick data reception.

I usually do wxbell, which has great graphics, and Eurowx....which the best snowmaps and allows me to draw maps.

SV is my go too, I'm use to there graphics, I have Weather Models as well as my secondary as well as now Pivotal, They ea have positives.

50 minutes ago, dryslot said:

SV is my go too, I'm use to there graphics, I have Weather Models as well as my secondary as well as now Pivotal, They ea have positives.

I will probably stick w wxbell and eurowx. Less need for the speed of data with the prominence of social media today.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I'd say that's a fair assessment. Again, what bothers me is that Damage In Tolland sees nothing but a zonal pattern with no chances of snow or cold through all of December. That's a little ( lot ) extreme if you all me.

First and last lesson:  Whatever you do...never ever listen to anything DIT says!  It’s all a sham and phishing expedition...nothing more.  

And BTW..he’s no MET. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2