Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I still don't see anything that encourages me to stray from my second week of Dec idea with respect to snow.

I'd say that's a fair assessment. Again, what bothers me is that Damage In Tolland sees nothing but a zonal pattern with no chances of snow or cold through all of December. That's a little ( lot ) extreme if you all me.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

7 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I'd say that's a fair assessment. Again, what bothers me is that Damage In Tolland sees nothing but a zonal pattern with no chances of snow or cold through all of December. That's a little ( lot ) extreme if you all me.

Having him, Bastardi, etc be negative is usually a good thing. Very nice inverse correlation there.

9 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Kevin is in your head..

• Like 1

With regards to the big phased system next week which is still 6 or 7 days out. We need either a later phase further east or better yet miss the phase with the southern stream and see if the northern stream can dive under us and form a Coastal low south of Long Island. That's probably our best chance at seeing snow here in the Northeast with this system

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, binbisso said:

With regards to the big phased system next week which is still 6 or 7 days out. We need either a later phase further east or better yet miss the phase with the southern stream and see if the northern stream can dive under us and form a Coastal low south of Long Island. That's probably our best chance at seeing snow here in the Northeast with this system

Pretty good bet, but I still don't think most of SNE sees much snow.

3 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

That one seems like a lost cause. A big phaser could be good for us with regards to the pattern in December.

12z GFS OP looked good after the big Nov 30 phaser. 

Yea, I mean......first week of December fresh on the heels of a month of PAC jet makes it difficult to snow in most of SNE.