Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Western Pa / Pittsburgh area Winter Discussion ❄️☃️

north pgh

3 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

If we get two back to back that big it could be 75 the rest of winter.

If we get two back to back that big, we’ll be within striking distance of the record and will have no choice but to root for it. (But the GFS does seem to be hinting at a pattern shift toward the end of its run, but way too early to think about that.)

1 minute ago, Ahoff said:

Over in the Central forum they are talking about riding the line.  I imagine that has to help us to some degree, and not in every case, but if we get a low tracking east of us we're in a better spot.  If it is an west to east track, then we have more things to worry about.  All of this is fwiw.

The GFS still looks beautiful, massive snowfall rates and dropping 8+ inches on us overnight Monday night.

1 minute ago, north pgh said:

The Canadian has shifted slightly west but I still like our position. I don’t like to be in the bullseye just yet and if this thing is gonna move at all the next two days I’m hopeful that it would go east a little.

I agree, it has the same general idea / track the GFS had. Also, PARA GFS looks pretty similar to the OP.

Given how quick the storm is moving though and the threat of sleet / mix  I think it's going to be tough to get 10-12 inches even in a perfect track scenario, but plenty of time to see how it plays out.

15 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

TWC appears to have lowered amounts for the first system but raised them for the second system, and is predicting all snow in the North Hills for both (12-24 total from both storms). Still lots of time to change.