Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Western Pa / Pittsburgh area Winter Discussion ❄️☃️

north pgh

24 minutes ago, Burghblizz said:

I keep thinking how many times we have said in the past that we would trade in a ton of nickle and dime snows for a few good thumps a year.

Looks like we got our wish :-)

While I do prefer thatI am starting to miss snow and our usual cadence of it.  

Nah, give me what we had in December as opposed to a bunch or 1 inch events. I'd like another couple events but I am fairly satisfied already for the year. 

1 hour ago, Burghblizz said:

I keep thinking how many times we have said in the past that we would trade in a ton of nickle and dime snows for a few good thumps a year.

Looks like we got our wish :-)

While I do prefer thatI am starting to miss snow and our usual cadence of it.  

Lol. I know really.

I will say the one slight positive, has been being able to wear regular shoes so far this month.

3 hours ago, Ahoff said:

Ron Smiley's forecast today showed snow chances everyday from Friday on, and colder weather.  Looking up hopefully.

Yes it has been a boring couple of weeks with no precip. At least this weekend we should have some snow showers in the air. Next couple weeks hopefully we can start tracking again.

• Like 4

No snow here today, going to have to wait until tomorrow it looks like. Not surprised, with these rain to snow in marginal temperatures my yard is usually liquid longer than anticipated.

Looks like a few chances for light snow over the next week, but probably another week at least until something bigger is possible.

8 minutes ago, CoraopolisWx said:

Rare freezing fog event this morning making a nice scene.

Also looks like some embedded heavier snow in that larger area moving our way.

Speaking of the fog, I woke up around 2am last night and glanced out the window noticing the milky glow of the street lights and did a double take, thought there was heavy snow coming down, nope only fog lol. 

I think I'm ready for some real snow after that, hopefully we can see some moderate rates even if only in periodic brief interludes over the next several days as the train of NS waves rides through the area.

6 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

I ended up with maybe 3/4 -1 inch but it quickly melted, back to bare ground aside from some slush in some grassy areas. It was coming down pretty good for awhile there.

Yeah, unfortunately unless you were under those heavier bands for awhile it was tough to get much more with marginal temps.