Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Western Pa / Pittsburgh area Winter Discussion ❄️☃️

north pgh

3 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

You're not kidding.  Isn't NAM getting near it's wheelhouse?

It is, but at the same time we’ve seen the NAM do this plenty of times. 

Verbatim though it approaches 2/5-2/6 2010 level totals, but in reality probably about an 8-12 type event given the NAM’s propensity to spit out high QPF.

If the GFS makes a move towards it though it is game on as the euro is hinting at the same sort of trend.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

RGEM 12z moved east. There is no way the NAM is correct. Id bet that the European will correct back southeast in the next two runs. 

Honestly, that 12z run of the RGEM is better than the previous 00z and 6z The position of the energy and the low is further west. The precip shield isn't as impressive, but im not too worries about that. Keep watching the energy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dj3 said:

Although the snow maps didn't change much on the GFS, the 12z low placement does look further west so I think it is actually a step in the right direction. 

I believe I'm squatting right now so can't look at it fully but the low is deeper too. 

2 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

Honestly, that 12z run of the RGEM is better than the previous 00z and 6z The position of the energy and the low is further west. The precip shield isn't as impressive, but im not too worries about that. Keep watching the energy

I jumped to the snow maps without looking at the H5. Thats good news if the H5 improved. I'm hearing the GEFS moved slightly north too. 

• Like 2

I've seen the NAM overamped before, but this is taking it to another level.  It is on its own so really it can't be trusted, especially with the GFS and Euro being as relatively consistent as they've been.  I do think the GFS will jog a bit more northwest before the event.  Enough to save a fringe job?  I don't know.  3-6" might be a fine "catch all" and if it overperforms, so be it.

1 minute ago, Mailman said:

Not speaking specifically to this sub forum, but feels like there will be a lot of disappointment across the board with this one.

I honestly think central pa will really be the only area that does really well. Dc, philly, and nyc I think are going to be very unhappy. 

• Like 1