Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pockets damaging wind-power outage potential 4P-10P Sunday Nov 15, 2020

wdrag

6 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Bannerman Island and Tappan Zee light 45-50 knot past hour or so.  I believe the uproot in se NYS. 

Those two locations are in the perfect area for those gusts from the southerly direction. The Hudson River canyon acts like a wind tunnel.

I’m about a1/2 mile from the river and had several gusts in the upper 30’s

• Like 1

Just now, hudsonvalley21 said:

Those two locations are in the perfect area for those gusts from the southerly direction. The Hudson River canyon acts like a wind tunnel.

I think the same for the Ct River Valley in an hour or two. Thanks for your observation! Very good.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

Highest wind gust here is 30 mph in the past ten minutes.  Wind gusts along the south shore of LI (Fire Island) currently gusting to 45 mph.

at 2000 ft just north of you, had heavy rain for about an hour during the day but some really heavy rain tonight and the house is shaking and the winds rattling tonight- it sounds like a jet engine outside!  wild!  I decided to stay in NE PA tonight and go to LI tomorrow because it was dark and foreboding all day.

30 min?  It must be over 50 here near Albrightsville!

Severe Thunderstorm Warning just issued!

Just now, LibertyBell said:

at 2000 ft just north of you, had heavy rain for about an hour during the day but some really heavy rain tonight and the house is shaking and the winds rattling tonight- it sounds like a jet engine outside!  wild!  I decided to stay in NE PA tonight and go to LI tomorrow because it was dark and foreboding all day.

30 min?  It must be over 50 here near Albrightsville!

Severe Thunderstorm Warning just issued!

That bow echo near Allentown is coming in now to my location.

• Like 1

Checking in from the Catskills. The line blasted through just a bit ago while still not entirely organized. From my eye test I would guess we had gusts around 40-45 for about 2 minutes or so. This line is quickly becoming organized so I suspect an increase severe reports should quickly occur to my east. Good luck everyone on this forum.

Under a severe warning but that's kinda redundant with the line already gone and just stratiform rain falling.

• Thanks 1