• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid-Atlantic winter 2020-21 snowfall contest

PrinceFrederickWx

I was supposed to do the usual halftime report but forgot.

I think @RodneyS is gonna claim the snow measuring was rigged and demand access to the airports as they count the flakes. God help us if he’s the runner up. :lol:

BWI can’t get it done this year so I’m kinda liking @Cobalt as of now.

I’m just hoping for my 4th consecutive top ten. :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I was supposed to do the usual halftime report but forgot.

I think @RodneyS is gonna claim the snow measuring was rigged and demand access to the airports as they count the flakes. God help us if he’s the runner up. :lol:

BWI can’t get it done this year so I’m kinda liking @Cobalt as of now.

I’m just hoping for my 4th consecutive top ten. :D

As my good buddy Joe Stalin liked to point out, the actual vote is not as important as who counts the vote. ;) More seriously, I think the NWS does a good job of monitoring snow totals -- that's why adjustments are sometimes made after the fact.   

• Haha 1

Just now, RodneyS said:

The Capital Weather Gang is reporting that BWI has now picked up 2.6 inches in this storm.  If that's the case, tplbge is the new leader with H20 second.

I just saw that on the PNS reports. I'll wait until this afternoon's CLI reports before making the update. Let @Rhino16 enjoy his (or her?) lead the next few hours. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RodneyS said:

The Capital Weather Gang is reporting that BWI has now picked up 2.6 inches in this storm.  If that's the case, tplbge is the new leader with H20 second.

I'm ok with this statement.  Winning the snowfall contest  :mapsnow:  will be my greatest moment since winning the Summer temp forecast contest.  Let's just measure ice for the rest of the year.

Latest from the CLI reports (RIC does not have one out yet for today, though)

BWI: 8.9"

DCA: 4.6"

IAD: 10.6"

RIC: 4.4"

New leader is @tplbge who's trying to be the only person ever to win both the heat and the snow contests (also dead-on-balls accurate for DCA). @H2O is really close though.

leaderboard.JPG

• Like 2

So... bad news. I was at my file limit on this site and deleted all my stored pictures, not realizing that doing that also apparently deletes the pictures within your posts. So none of the previous leaderboard images work now. So I'm just reposting the last one. (I know there's more snow from the PNS reports, but I'll update tomorrow).

Good news though- I found an easier way to compile my spreadsheet every time. Airport totals will now also be displayed at the top within the image (don't ask me why I never thought of doing this before).

leaderboard.JPG

• Haha 1

A very exciting race this year, especially compared to last season's wire-to-wire yawner.  FYI, I merely need a two-part weather miracle to win (excluding any tiebreaker): (1) No more than 0.3 inches of additional snow at the three Baltimore-Washington area airports combined; and (2) In a best case (no more snow at any of those three airports), between 0. 7-1.3 inches of snow at RIC.:wacko:

11 minutes ago, RodneyS said:

RIC has received only a trace so far today, and so the current standings should be correct pending overnight updates.  And Rhino16, tplbge, and I are history. :( 

Richmond killed me.  I was off under 1 degree for all my local airports.  

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, tplbge said:

Richmond killed me.  I was off under 1 degree for all my local airports.  

You lost the same way I did in 17/18 - I would've won that year had it been just BWI, DCA and IAD, but I went way too low for RIC. I learned my lesson after that: RIC > DCA in this new climate.

• Like 1