Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid-Atlantic winter 2020-21 snowfall contest

PrinceFrederickWx

• 2 weeks later...

That's 2.2" snow crushed under heavy sleet, maybe it all goes for more than 2.2" -- revise to 2.5"

separate thread? if somebody more locally based thinks it's a good idea, will defer to that ... don't know if more than a handful would want to venture a guess on this slopfest. 8-16 further north though, Harrisburg PA inaccessible to outside world (probably a good thing). 

13 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

Yep, sorry for cluttering up the thread ... would prefer if a more locally based poster started contest (or any other) threads, I did it with the summer heat one but really I am more of a guest than a host around here. 

I don’t think anyone cares who starts the thread. It’s not like I’m in the DC clique here either, you know. :lol:

I don’t have time to run one this week, maybe @RodneyS would be interested. Or @WxWatcher007 

I didn't know there were cliques, I just thought maybe it was a regional tradition to have really pointed squabbles in public, threaten to leave, then reconcile and go into it all over again the next time snow appeared in a forecast. Where I live, we are more or less resigned to our fate (non stop snow until March). In the case of this particular event I don't think there would be enough people interested to bother with a thread, now if the later model runs put your major population centres into the heavy snow zone, different ball game. 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 2:55 PM, leesburg 04 said:

Congrats GATECH on your victory this year. Shame we couldn't get more snow but this was one hell of a guess. Great job!

Here we are mid January with but crumbs to track for the next 15 days...I am about ready to say screw it, I want the shutout to win this thing...Wall to wall lead in the snowfall contest would be epic...so close to going to the dark side and checking into my Panic Room Suite....

On 1/15/2021 at 9:32 AM, GATECH said:

Here we are mid January with but crumbs to track for the next 15 days...I am about ready to say screw it, I want the shutout to win this thing...Wall to wall lead in the snowfall contest would be epic...so close to going to the dark side and checking into my Panic Room Suite....

It would be the second year in a row that the lowest guessing contestant led the entire way through.

• Like 1