Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discobs 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

I also did a final mow of my lawn and mowed it short. Those 0.1-0.3” events are gonna look NOICE on my lawn this winter. 

I did the same thing yesterday. Used to do it every year. Then got away from it for the last few after I moved. Hoping this improves my luck. I don't have much being on the coast in Carolina. I need any help I can get.

27 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I don’t even bother “winterizing” my mower.  I mow to mulch up leaves in December and February most years.

I don’t either. Today however, my mower blade hit a manhole cover and broke the bracket holding the blade. So...will have to fix that before the spring. 

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

You mowing asphalt? You really should stick to grass .

Ugh...I was being nice and mowing the common space in the center of the culdesac. It has a sewer cover. Never had a problem before but I must have gone on just the wrong angle. 

9 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

I don’t either. Today however, my mower blade hit a manhole cover and broke the bracket holding the blade. So...will have to fix that before the spring. 

I've done that before.  Rotor got bent a few years ago, so had to buy a new mower.  I now have to keep my blade a bit higher, now that all the pine tree roots are ''snaking'' above ground.  Whenever my neighbor and I mow at the same time, my grass always looks a shade higher, as though I mowed several days before my neighbor.

32.8 this morning at 6am.  Still have an hour or so to get below 32.0,

29 for the low.  Up to 47 under full sun.  Great morning to finish putting deck furniture in the shed.  

GFS drops 4-8” through mid-week out here/WV mountains...Wisp/Canaan should be able to pump lots of man made snow during this pattern (in addition to multiple upslope chances) to build a good base to get the season started.

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

My friend just bought a hotel in Deep Creek lake for 1.6 million lol. He's been there all this extended holiday weekend getting things in order . I now have relatives in Somerset, Pa and a friend in western ,Md for upslope.  No excuses for me not to chase :D. ( except work :()

Which hotel?  There are not many of them out there.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic