• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discobs 2020

George BM

@CAPE  any areas need more over seeding ?  And that forecast is for Boston. 

Meanwhile, notice at the end of the loop really cold air is really reduced in coverage in vast areas compared to the recent cold air mass in the Northern States including the Northeast, and in Central and Eastern Canada as well.   

Off the charts weather event coming up this weekend , especially for areas further NE under the 588 DM positive anomaly.

Regardless of location,  temps way above normal for a significant number of days.   

From bluewave, recently posted.

<

We could challenge the all-time November 500 MB positive height anomaly record this weekend. It looks like the record for the NYC area is 589 DM. The models all have values close to that level.

B038B4EC-B4C8-4813-B275-27F115F45277.thumb.png.73672a4ea8fb4f3bec1356f389c3ecf2.png

3 hours ago, frd said:

Here dropped only to 37 then rebounded. Have yet to reach 32 here.  Two freeze warnings issued both busted too cold.  

You’ll get there but quite a bit of warm to trek through as it sounds before that. That ridge is a beast as it looks now.  

5 hours ago, poolz1 said:

The Mothership has arrived! I'm not a big cloud Guru but this was pretty impressive. Only cloud in the sky at the moment. ef8e5a3473dece36612ac4e3fc21f6fb.jpg3f57ae867529b723e481d73395019b82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Same thing here. And if you watch that play out on satellite you’ll see that develop into a narrow band of clouds that developed and just sat over the area most of the day. If someone can explain the science of that I’d be fascinated to learn. You could see the airflow out of the north but that band never budged.

2 hours ago, yoda said:

Question -- if a freeze warning was issued, doesn't that usually mean that the "growing season" is officially over for that county?  Like I know there was a freeze warning for PW few days ago and they have a frost advisory tonight... just think it's a bit strange

I think they have to then declare the growing season as over. It's possible they had a warning but NWS determined it didn't hit it. 

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Weather looks warm and boring for awhile. Not going to have three below normal temperature November’s in a row. That’s for sure.

So what you’re saying is we should expect a different winter this year than last. And to extrapolate that further, you’re calling for a historic one of a kind winter. Yes!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic