Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2020

George BM

23 minutes ago, mappy said:

Baltimore County parents: no school for the kids today due to a network issue

and by network issue, looks like ransomware attack. if you have a baltimore county issued laptop, do not use it until it gets cleared up.

8 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Took awhile, but I notched another WaPo writing credit, this time snow related! There is a special cameo in this article too!

Snow days for the marginal events are likely gone, but the events where power or Internet outages are possible are still going to be there. 

41 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I need a wtf button. This is nuts.

38 minutes ago, mappy said:

lol i know

At least its a better story than shooting Marvin in the face.  This is why I'm glad my partying days are over.  Never had to worry about some weird shit added to my drink.  Who would roofie my sorry ass?

9 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m everywhere.

In every drop of cold rain that runs down your face in December...

In every ice crystal in a cirrus cloud from a southern slider in January...

In every energetic sunbeam that burns the skin during a hot February day...

Destroying weenie snow hopes since...oh, hell, whatever century!

Shocked Despicable Me GIF - Shocked DespicableMe BurstingBalloon - Discover  & Share GIFs

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Destroying weenie snow hopes since...oh, hell, whatever century!

Shocked Despicable Me GIF - Shocked DespicableMe BurstingBalloon - Discover  & Share GIFs

Even though that I happened to me a long, long time ago, I still stand in my barren postage stamp, as a cirrus filtered sun drys cold tears.  I wait patiently for the gentle frozen kiss of the first flake. As always ....

34 minutes ago, mappy said:

And this is the problem.. they send out these laptops that are connected to the network domain.. and there really is no need for it.  the bcps.org email accounts are all gmail accounts.. this gets them in to google meets.  They can save all their work on the associated google drive account.

Meets would definitely still work today.. as long as them log in with a lap tap or phone that is not a bcps device...

I have no idea why they need all of this network infrastructure.. other than it being a vulnerability to ransomware.  

My last job had no microsoft foot print all.. we literally did everything with slack and google docs and gmail for business. When are people going to learn that the cloud is more secure than there archaic on prem stuff..

Every remote employee and student should just get a reimbursement for a 16 gig mac book pro.. and let them bring their own device...

25 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It was just a joke . 

alright

22 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

And this is the problem.. they send out these laptops that are connected to the network domain.. and there really is no need for it.  the bcps.org email accounts are all gmail accounts.. this gets them in to google meets.  They can save all their work on the associated google drive account.

Meets would definitely still work today.. as long as them log in with a lap tap or phone that is not a bcps device...

I have no idea why they need all of this network infrastructure.. other than it being a vulnerability to ransomware.  

We did not take a BCPS device when it was offered to us. We have a laptop for the kiddo, and I wanted to make sure others who weren't as fortunate would be able to get one. I'm glad now, as it would be completely useless today. I've told mini-map to stay away from any BCPS sites if she is on her computer today. 

15 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

They can't even spell ransomware properly. RIP to the poor tech that has to fix this.

LOL I saw that. Seems like its a big deal, even mentioned Balt Co government could be impacted, though they were still assessing. 

11 minutes ago, mappy said:

alright

We did not take a BCPS device when it was offered to us. We have a laptop for the kiddo, and I wanted to make sure others who weren't as fortunate would be able to get one. I'm glad now, as it would be completely useless today. I've told mini-map to stay away from any BCPS sites if she is on her computer today. 

LOL I saw that. Seems like its a big deal, even mentioned Balt Co government could be impacted, though they were still assessing. 

Fx Co schools had their system hacked into back in Oct.  They seem to be targeting schools now due to the huge numbers of distance learning.  Thankfully I didn't get notified that any of my data was taken but alarming nonetheless 

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

How long until the rug pull?

Nov 30 storm cuts west, Dec 4-5 storm is slow enough that it cuts too. Crap airmass after for a few days then we place all the hopes on threading the needle for one more storm before the PAC jet returns on Dec 10. 

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

Fx Co schools had their system hacked into back in Oct.  They seem to be targeting schools now due to the huge numbers of distance learning.  Thankfully I didn't get notified that any of my data was taken but alarming nonetheless 

I'm honestly surprised it didnt happen sooner. seems like an easy target.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CAPE said:

Cool story. Not correct though. You were triggered. You had a random hissy fit- everyone in that thread saw it.  I shut you down. You got pissed and came back with some baseless bullshit about me. My reply was pretty tame- "yeah sure asshole". You had the tantrum.

Stick to the immature drive by dick jokes. You have nothing else to offer here.

Lol. Glad you see it that way. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. 

3 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

I never spill tea as i don't wear pants and that would be quite painful. 

fair. then I suggest you keep whatever information you have to yourself and stop bringing it up to stir up shit with other people. those who have left did so for their reasons. if they want to talk to people about it then that is on them, not you. dont use it against people, especially in a long range thread that seems to be picking up in action as winter approaches. 

Okay? 

Just now, mappy said:

fair. then I suggest you keep whatever information you have to yourself and stop bringing it up to stir up shit with other people. those who have left did so for their reasons. if they want to talk to people about it then that is on them, not you. dont use it against people, especially in a long range thread that seems to be picking up in action as winter approaches. 

Okay? 

Yes Mam. Happy Thanksgiving.

PS i never used it against anyone. It was a general statement. Apparently the parties with a guilty conscience flipped out. 

Just now, ravensrule said:

Yes Mam. Happy Thanksgiving.

PS i never used it against anyone. It was a general statement. Apparently the parties with a guilty conscience flipped out. 

well, in CAPEs defense, if you had come at me like that in a thread, I would have replied the same way and I could care less if I am the reason someone left the forum. so, its not so much guilty conscience as its dealing with someone who's being a pain in the ass for no reason. 

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

well, in CAPEs defense, if you had come at me like that in a thread, I would have replied the same way and I could care less if I am the reason someone left the forum. so, its not so much guilty conscience as its dealing with someone who's being a pain in the ass for no reason. 

I hear you but disagree with you. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic