Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2020

George BM

44 minutes ago, H2O said:

There is and was a reason we have kept the Covid stuff to a minimum. RR is right that this is a weather board. Here in this subforum we have tried and want to focus on wx, not other things. 

Letting that other stuff bleed into here only makes things testy. Why some left won’t be known but to a few. They would be welcomed back to add their thoughts on weather related matters and stuff that doesn’t divide. Like ketchup on spaghettios. 

If they don’t want to post anymore then so be it and we move on. But the focus of why we are here is to learn about the weather and share in that experience. 

for a short period of time our forum morphed in to discussion about one of the most interesting natural/ scientific events of our lifetime.. the discussion had major philosophical implications that were in some ways more fascinating than the virus itself.  Its not weather.. but its pretty damn close. 

I really think we should have given covid a pass...

33 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

for a short period of time our forum morphed in to discussion about one of the most interesting natural/ scientific events of our lifetime.. the discussion had major philosophical implications that were in some ways more fascinating than the virus itself.  Its not weather.. but its pretty damn close. 

Don’t make me get in my white van.

Totally joking above, but that was a cruddy thing that happened to your family, especially your son.

44 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

If you want to use weather to describe things it was like people discussing the 84hr NAM when it was only out to 12. Too many were trying to say what was going to happen without all the data or letting the run happen. Personal bias of “too warm”, “looks tasty” etc crept in and clouded the discussion. 

So the decision was to go storm mode and get back to actual weather. 

If those that left got upset by that then they lost sight of what this message board is supposed to be for. But no one was run off. 

17 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I clearly missed some antics in here. Mappy, H2O, and WxUSAF might have tidied up, but there’s still some blood splatters on the wall,

Credit to mappy. She was like Mr Wolf from Pulp Fiction and got it cleaned up before anyone went guns of the navarrone or superfly TNT 

9 minutes ago, H2O said:

If you want to use weather to describe things it was like people discussing the 84hr NAM when it was only out to 12. Too many were trying to say what was going to happen without all the data or letting the run happen. Personal bias of “too warm”, “looks tasty” etc crept in and clouded the discussion. 

So the decision was to go storm mode and get back to actual weather. 

If those that left got upset by that then they lost sight of what this message board is supposed to be for. But no one was run off. 

Change "NAM" to "DGEX" or "CRAS" and you're spot on!! :lol:

Just now, mappy said:

You were given a shot to the chest, or had to give one?

So I came too one morning a few years ago.. it was complete black out.. I had no Idea how I got home.. there was a faint memory of an uber and for some reason I remember there being an ambulance or something..

Well almost immediately after waking up I had this unbearable pain in my chest and a small read mark just to the left side of my sternum.. It was bad.. I knew something really bad happened.. but I had no recollection of what happened.  

a couple of weeks later ran in to a friend of mine the horse shoe and she filled me in on what happened.. I was downtown at a local establishment (no idea why or how I got there) and I must inadvertently taken something that I shouldnt have... and I literally flat lined.. they administered multiple narcans and hit me with a defibrillator.. well after several attempts to bring me back they hit me with a shot of adrenaline to the heart...

they said I popped up almost just like it happened in the movie.. then the crazy thing is that I refused treatment.. they said I became combative with the paramedic and I literally got up and took an uber home...

17 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Just days before we officially open up too. I hope they’re not trying to muscle in on our territory.

Shame they didn’t call us for clean up. We’re professionals at it. As an aside, our gardening business is really taking off. We offer top notch fertilizer. All natural.

I4se2yf.jpg

Quite impressive on the outdoor improvements to the Panic Room!  I await the disco room, which should be hoppin' this year!

dancing skeletons (animated gif) - TheCountess Fan Art (39972425) - Fanpop

(ETA:  Yeah, they're not wearing masks nor are they socially distanced!  Probably not good to be scapula-to-scapula like that!):D

11 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

So I came too one morning a few years ago.. it was complete black out.. I had no Idea how I got home.. there was a faint memory of an uber and for some reason I remember there being an ambulance or something..

Well almost immediately after waking up I had this unbearable pain in my chest and a small read mark just to the left side of my sternum.. It was bad.. I knew something really bad happened.. but I had no recollection of what happened.  

a couple of weeks later ran in to a friend of mine the horse shoe and she filled me in on what happened.. I was downtown at a local establishment (no idea why or how I got there) and I must inadvertently taken something that I shouldnt have... and I literally flat lined.. they administered multiple narcans and hit me with a defibrillator.. well after several attempts to bring me back they hit me with a shot of adrenaline to the heart...

they said I popped up almost just like it happened in the movie.. then the crazy thing is that I refused treatment.. they said I became combative with the paramedic and I literally got up and took an uber home...

Dude. That’s crazy. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’ve consulted with Dr. Bones and she tells me that the only virus our skeleton crew has to worry about is weenie panic.

Whew!  Well, that's good to know!  I did hear that the "Marrow"vingians might be immune, too!  At least, that was a rather "Frank" assessment! :lol:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Just days before we officially open up too. I hope they’re not trying to muscle in on our territory.

Shame they didn’t call us for clean up. We’re professionals at it. As an aside, our gardening business is really taking off. We offer top notch fertilizer. All natural.

I4se2yf.jpg

I hope you have some system in place to keep an eye on things down here, the locals are getting restless 

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I4se2yf.jpg

Well at least we know that anyone in the panic room who doesn’t make it through the cold season will end up nurturing a field of edelweiss. As always ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

Exactly. He randomly says this shit from time to time, out of the blue. It has political undertones, and it's ridiculous. He has claimed several times that the libruls ran Mitch out of here. Mitch is a big boy, and always fit in well here, and I never saw any indications of conflict. He has chosen not to post here for his own reasons, and that's his business. He has pmed me about weather related stuff over the last year or so. Very friendly discourse as usual.

RR is clearly misinformed and a triggered snowflake.

Oh I’m definitely not misinformed. It takes a lot more for me to be triggered than some tough words from an alcoholic in his 50’s. Keep trying though. The cursing and tantrum was real mature. 

6 hours ago, ravensrule said:

Oh I’m definitely not misinformed. It takes a lot more for me to be triggered than some tough words from an alcoholic in his 50’s. Keep trying though. The cursing and tantrum was real mature. 

Cool story. Not correct though. You were triggered. You had a random hissy fit- everyone in that thread saw it.  I shut you down. You got pissed and came back with some baseless bullshit about me. My reply was pretty tame- "yeah sure asshole". You had the tantrum.

Stick to the immature drive by dick jokes. You have nothing else to offer here.

13 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Cool story. Not correct though. You were triggered. You had a random hissy fit- everyone in that thread saw it.  I shut you down. You got pissed and came back with some baseless bullshit about me. I called you an asshole.

Stick to the immature drive by dick jokes. You have nothing else to offer here.

I think Cape is my new favorite poster here!

6 hours ago, ravensrule said:

if you've got some tea to spill, then do so. otherwise, stop. thanks.

10 hours ago, 40westwx said:

I need a wtf button. This is nuts.

• Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic