Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2020

George BM

8 hours ago, mdhokie said:

Three glaring plays that probably made the difference.

1 - The andrews false start you mentioned. He wasnt even part of the play. Mental mistake.

2 - The center quick snap / false start where it looked like they probably had a TD and at worst a first down. Settled for FG. Mental mistake.

3 - Terrible deep pass on first down. Bad throw on LJ and bad catch attempt on the WR. Also add poor play call when they were leading and driving the ball on the ground. 

The defense is injured and beat up. That being said they looked really soft at times. Peters has looked terrible last couple games. The 3-n-outs aren't helping them either. 

I'm not sure if LJ has messed with his head or the coaches have messed with his head. He doesn't look decisive. His mechanics look poor. His running not as crisp. Its a head scratcher for sure.

That play call to throw what amounts to a jump ball to an undersized receiver who has little experience was dumb and vintage Roman. Lamar should have not forced it, but again, imagine if the Ravens had a Hopkins or someone like that- then plays like that would yield something. But they don't, and they still do it, just because.

As for the "regression" in his overall game- I think its a combination of things- the Ravens no longer have a dominant OL(mediocre at best), his targets are even more limited than last season, defenses defend them better, he is pressing and trying to stay in the pocket more(too long at times), and last but not least- a terrible and vanilla scheme that almost never creates space.

9 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

But what you just mentioned is one thing that is not unchangeable: those little mistakes, and those little things that have gone wrong. Suppose we finally get our heads together and not do those things...different result. It's like we are a few steps or a few plays away...this Thursday could be telling.

Ten games in- not sure there is reason to expect anything different. They will play hard against the Steelers, and likely come up short. Other than the Colts game- where it looked like they had maybe turned a corner- they manage to beat themselves enough to not be able to beat a good team. 

Whats happening with Jackson is so familiar for some reason.  Kinda like what happened with RG3.  Defenses adjusted, tendencies exposed, players around either not as good or not stepping up.  Also I'm sure there is a fear of exposing Jackson to more injury so they don't run some plays that might help.  Bootlegs, roll outs, reverses.  If Jackson can't develop a better pocket presence then he is ultimately doomed.  He needs to hit the throws from there when asked to.  Something that RG3 struggled with.  For whatever reason the only recent QB to become a much better passer than runner has been Russell Wilson.

12 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I have experienced a LOT of low points as a bengals fan in five decades. But yesterday was easily into a very competitive top five worst. 

When they don't want to show replays it ain't good.  This is the problem with competitive sports.  Hopes and dreams easily dashed when one injury happens.  I know you've had the SB with Krumrie and Palmer knee thanks to a cheap hit.  Now this.

Joins with me and Sean Taylor, RG3, Alex Smith and probably a few more I've since suppressed.  

But here's the silver lining.  Sports med is a lot better and people come back from these things a lot.  Brady won how many SBs after his knee?  Plenty more to back that up.  Better now than 5 years when the team is actually good.  

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Whats happening with Jackson is so familiar for some reason.  Kinda like what happened with RG3.  Defenses adjusted, tendencies exposed, players around either not as good or not stepping up.  Also I'm sure there is a fear of exposing Jackson to more injury so they don't run some plays that might help.  Bootlegs, roll outs, reverses.  If Jackson can't develop a better pocket presence then he is ultimately doomed.  He needs to hit the throws from there when asked to.  Something that RG3 struggled with.  For whatever reason the only recent QB to become a much better passer than runner has been Russell Wilson.

Or .... they could say we’ve got him while we’ve got him. Turn him loose. If he gets hurt then that’s how it is. What I see is a hesitance to run that wasn’t there before. These organisms know what they are getting when they draft these guys. How about just one organization be brave enough to allow a guy to be what he is instead of trying to turn them into something they never were. You’re right about RGIII. He got hurt as soon as they started trying to keep him from getting hurt.

My family and I had a really unfortunate experience last night... every night since the pandemic started we have been taking long bike rides/ skateboard walks around our neighborhood.. we have our great dane who pulls whoever uses the longboard.. 

Last night while walking through Security Square Mall parking lot a van approached my son who was about 200 feet ahead of me and two men told him to give them his bike.. which he immediately responded no and he quickly rode his bike back to us.

Well this must have angered these guys because they then began to circle us in the parking lot beep their horn while driving past us.   I told every one to quickly get to the main road where there was more lighting.. so my son rode his bike a couple hundred yards ahead of us.. at this point, then van followed him and they began to yell at him to come to the van and give up the bike.. 

Then once we got on Security Blvd, the van passed us several times, where the occupants were yelling stuff like we are going to find you, we are going to f you up.. 

My dog weighs 200 pounds, I am a big guy and I had a skateboard in my hand.. the only way they were going to get out of the vehicle and engage with me was if they had weapons.. 

At this point I called the police.. Baltimore County was great.. they basically drove up and down the road for an hour to keep a presence until we got home.

The whole incident was just weird.. very strange.. there is petty crime in our area.. every once a while.. like twice a year.. maybe a bar fight will lead to a shooting.. but it is otherwise very safe.. I just cant understand why they were doing what they were doing

I honestly feel like I was targeted.. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This is so sad.. I grew up in Rosedale where I was a victim of this type of thing on several occasions.  I had a bike stolen from me twice, I was robbed behind a 7-11 at gun point, and the worst incident occurred when I warned a friend of mine to leave an area because I overheard a group of guys planning to steal his dirt bike from him... I was beatened to the point where I was afraid to leave my house for an entire summer...

This morning, my son wouldnt go outside to bring the trashcans from the curb.. 

I am pretty sure I will be moving soon.. 

36 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Or .... they could say we’ve got him while we’ve got him. Turn him loose. If he gets hurt then that’s how it is. What I see is a hesitance to run that wasn’t there before. These organisms know what they are getting when they draft these guys. How about just one organization be brave enough to allow a guy to be what he is instead of trying to turn them into something they never were. You’re right about RGIII. He got hurt as soon as they started trying to keep him from getting hurt.

He does seem indecisive/ more hesitant this season. Again I think much of that is a result of poor OL play. They were dominant last season. It does seem like he is being inhibited from playing his game at least somewhat, whatever the reason. Roman is not an offensive genius, but given the rather mediocre weapons on offense, coming up with schemes that create more space, with quick release, high percentage throws seems like a no brainer. With the smallish and quick receivers they have, that really seems to make sense, although Brown has not really shown the ability to run precise, short and intermediate routes. They did do that with Dez Bryant some yesterday, so maybe he gets more playing time going forward.

One other thing, the "Lamar cant throw/draft another QB" crowd might as well stop watching. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Put more talent around him and incorporate some creativity,  and go from there. The injuries at TE and OL have been an additional problem over the last few weeks, but that's football. I don't expect much to change this season on offense. If they get their D line intact again, they will be in better position to win the games like yesterday and last week. Bottom line is the D couldn't(didn't want to) tackle for the final third of the game with an 11 point lead.

55 minutes ago, CAPE said:

One other thing, the "Lamar cant throw/draft another QB" crowd might as well stop watching. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Put more talent around him and incorporate some creativity,  and go from there. The injuries at TE and OL have been an additional problem over the last few weeks, but that's football. I don't expect much to change this season on offense. If they get their D line intact again, they will be in better position to win the games like yesterday and last week. Bottom line is the D couldn't(didn't want to) tackle for the final third of the game with an 11 point lead.

They are obviously going to give him 2 more full seasons to see if he can improve these things. They definitely need to get more weapons around him. I'm just happy they had not given him an extension and then this regression happened. Not being able to hit wide open receivers is a HUGE problem. 

This is "The Ugly" from the Good-Bad-Ugly recap from RSR(ravens247). Preach.

Last season many were worried that the Ravens would lose Greg Roman – that he would become a head coach elsewhere. Today, many may be wishing that it happened. The Ravens final four drives when it counted most ended with an interception, punt, FG and punt. Their pace is lethargic and lacks energy. Despite how often Brown gets knocked around they fail to move him pre-snap in order to pave the way for a free release. They don’t use misdirection to freeze a defense with distracting eye candy; they fail to use stacks to create mismatches or separation; and now the quarterback can’t throw on time. The Ravens offense is from the dark ages.

1 hour ago, 40westwx said:

This is so sad.. I grew up in Rosedale where I was a victim of this type of thing on several occasions.  I had a bike stolen from me twice, I was robbed behind a 7-11 at gun point, and the worst incident occurred when I warned a friend of mine to leave an area because I overheard a group of guys planning to steal his dirt bike from him... I was beatened to the point where I was afraid to leave my house for an entire summer...

This morning, my son wouldnt go outside to bring the trashcans from the curb.. 

I am pretty sure I will be moving soon.. 

Sorry this happened to you and your family.  I can imagine how scary that must have been for your son to experience.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I remember hanging out at the Golden ring mall over that way.  I hung out at Security Square mall as well . But I grew up in a rough area ( Freedom Way/ Claremont ) near Archbishop Curley HS .  Lot of crime , fights . They've since leveled that whole area and rebuilt new homes . 

Yeah thats a tough area.  I feel like there are certain areas within the city that are dangerous and you probably dont want to walk around at night time or even the day time.. but when it spills in to the suburbs.. when long time residents of Baltimore County.. who are proud of their communities are intimated and targeted .. it is really sad..

Because those families move out.. further and further.. eventually to Central PA or Bel Air.. thats what I am going to do.. 

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Grab a football and go out in the yard or street and play ball with some friends. Or find a random field behind someone's house.That was our "organized" sport when I was a kid in Carroll County. We had some pretty brutal games. There is always a way.

I remember those days.  Whiffle ball was a big hit too!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

No doubt ...definitely did this^ but sports are vital to kids development and indoor and outdoor now canceled . No in person school and now no sports .The absolutely baseless crushing of children continues . What science supports this . NONE. A group of parents are organizing a protest for next week in Carroll.  I'm definitely going .

You are talking organized sports right? Ok so those activities have been suspended temporarily. What is preventing kids(or anyone) from still going outside and getting exercise? This isn't going to be forever, and there is a science based rationale- to minimize close contact and mitigate spread as the cases (and strain on the hospitals) are ramping up heading into the cold season. This is not a punishment or a "crushing".

23 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

And all the small businesses hanging on by a frayed thread  that rely on these 2 months to actually make their money will finally throw their hands up . 

I don't understand you. Nothing OTHER THAN THE PANDEMIC is stopping people from going to support those businesses now. The fact of the matter is the vast majority of people are doing the safe thing for them and their loved ones and staying in as much as possible and avoiding crowds for obvious reasons. You want to save small businesses? I assume you have been calling the republican senate who has been obstructing a second needed relief act every day to lodge your frustration. Otherwise, what the **** are you going on about? Until a vaccine is here and widely available, it is going to be tough sledding for everyone. 

• Haha 1

Everyone is frustrated to some extent by now. I know I am. But I also know the best course of action is to mask up and keep a safe distance from people not in your bubble, until a vaccine is widely available to the general public. I have a class to teach next week, and I, and the students, will be wearing masks. Luckily it is a small group so I can keep them reasonably separated as well. 

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

8 months I've been on the street in the thick of it in general public  . Everyone is wearing masks,  socially distancing when possible and washing hands . This notion that droves of people aren't is bull. I'm out here every day . We know who is most vulnerable.  We have for months . Resources have been in place for these groups and will continue to be. There's no science that supports schools being shuttered or sports of any kind ..period . 

I agree the majority of people comply and wear masks and socially distance. Is that possible with kids playing organized contact sports though? Kids are natural vectors for disease, even though they may not even exhibit symptoms, and then they go home and spread it in the household.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic