Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2020

George BM

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm not very good at this kind of stuff but here it goes . Many on here have noticed @showmethesnowhasn't posted since spring in here . I for one really hope he returns to posting this winter season. I personally miss his 4am - 5am daily analysis. The dude has a incredible way of putting his thought analysis on paper in a very organized, very well thought out way making it very easy ..especially for the layman to follow and understand. Equally good if not better  then probably anyone here... and there are some incredibly smart posters on here . Most likely all or mostly self taught over the years. The amount of his own time ( sometimes toooo much lol - they get a tad long:whistle:) he puts into his many detailed  analysis is really greatly appreciated by me and I'm sure by many other posters (and lurkers ). I think the guy missed his calling.. really. He should have been a MET teacher of some sort . He was and is a welcome fixture to these boards . And like others on here I consider him a friend.

Alright..back to weather...

didnt showme lose melt down on the corona virus?

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m sitting in front of the fire with a Friday evening drink listening to some Christmas music, and I thought of a “would you rather” question.

Would you rather have a three week period before Christmas be cold with snow cover only to give way to a balmy 55 degree Christmas, or a mild two weeks leading up to Christmas and then a cold powder snow Christmas Day?

For @WinterWxLuvr, this is kind of a 1989 question, but no promises on the remainder of winter.

Beggars can’t be choosers I guess, but I never want to experience a 1989 flip again. Thanksgiving to Christmas was great and then we got jilted at the altar.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, yoda said:

Now that Ji has returned... would be nice to have @showmethesnow and @Bob Chill return.  Hopefully when we get a nice threat within 7 days they will post again

There are others we haven’t heard from in a while too.  mitchnick comes to mind.  He was a solid poster.  Leesburg04 always made me laugh with his humor.  Maybe some are waiting for a bonafide threat. 

Don't drink Fordham & Dominion Gypsy Lager if you're going to drink other beers as well. Fs up my stomach and everytime i sip another beer i get a little sick which isn't me. Probably because I'm trying that beer for the first time so I may be answering my own question.

ci-fordham-dominion-gypsy-lager-78e4ff36dc489c7e.png?width=390&height=586

20 hours ago, CAPE said:

I also hope he returns. He and I would often ninja each other with similar posts at 5am, although his were much more detailed(long winded :lol:)than mine.

I believe he may be staying away because of some covid discussion way back in May, where it got a tad political, and he completely misinterpreted a post by psuhoffman, and made a detailed, ranting post that was simply wrong by any objective measure. We all make mistakes, and I hope he comes back, as he seems like a good guy and has been a valuable contributor here.

I think Westminster Deathband stop posting once because I complained that he didnt post the euro snow map fast enough.. 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Best athletes of all time.  One catch ...you had to personally seen them perform on TV or in person in your lifetime. 

My pics

Bo Jackson 

Walter Payton 

Easy Goer ( yes..a horse lol)

Smarty Jones ( yes...another horse)

Nolan Ryan 

Michael Jordan 

Tiger Woods 

Dwight Gooden 

Tony Gwynn 

Carl Lewis 

Simone Biles 

Honorable mention-----Neil  Peart from RUSH :thumbsup:

That's just off the top of my head but there's others 

A drunken head at that lol

My votes go to Bo Jackson and Michael Jordan.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Best athletes of all time.  One catch ...you had to personally seen them perform on TV or in person in your lifetime. 

My pics

Bo Jackson 

Walter Payton 

Nolan Ryan 

Michael Jordan 

Tiger Woods 

Dwight Gooden 

Tony Gwynn 

Carl Lewis 

Simone Biles 

Is that more a combo list of best athlete/most dominant at their sport? Michael Phelps seems like a notable omission. Hard to argue w Tiger being #1 on that list. From 2000-2009 he played golf like none ever and thoroughly dominated the golf world.

11 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

My pics

Bo Jackson 

Walter Payton 

Nolan Ryan 

Michael Jordan 

Tiger Woods 

Dwight Gooden 

Tony Gwynn 

Carl Lewis 

Simone Biles 

Nice list. 5 names immediately come to mind that aren’t on your list.

Gretsky

Jenner

Iverson

Jeter

Moss

I know I am biased because I’m a Vikings fan, but I’ve never seen anything like Randy Moss. Absolute freak of nature.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic