• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2020

George BM

It's probably not their year. Injuries are now mounting, esp on defense.

And here comes Derrick Henry, followed by the Steelers on a short week.

Anyone watch the Bill-Cardinals game? Great game, and on display for both teams was the importance of having a physical WR. Ravens need to stop drafting small fast guys, wasting mid round picks on duds like Boykin, and find a way to get a true number one receiver.

With Boyle now gone for the season, and Stanley already gone, the Ravens will really struggle to run the ball now. The interior of the OL has struggled all season, and Fluker was terrible last night. They may win 9 or 10 games, if they get a few guys back on defense quickly, but this team probably won't scare anyone down the stretch.

21 minutes ago, CAPE said:

With Boyle now gone for the season, and Stanley already gone, the Ravens will really struggle to run the ball now. The interior of the OL has struggled all season, and Fluker was terrible last night. They may win 9 or 10 games, if they get a few guys back on defense quickly, but this team probably won't scare anyone down the stretch.

I wish they would stick to a 2 back running game.  I know 3 different types of backs can be a confusing scheme for defenses to play against, but using 3 doesn't give any one of them a chance to get in a rhythm when they are only in for 2 snaps then out for 25 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

I wish they would stick to a 2 back running game.  I know 3 different types of backs can be a confusing scheme for defenses to play against, but using 3 doesn't give any one of them a chance to get in a rhythm when they are only in for 2 snaps then out for 25 minutes. 

Agree. I think Dobbins and Edwards should be the one-two punch at this point. With the issues up front, Dobbins has the vision, quickness(and low center of gravity) to take a small opening and gain some yardage.

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Agree. I think Dobbins and Edwards should be the one-two punch at this point. With the issues up front, Dobbins has the vision, quickness(and low center of gravity) to take a small opening and gain some yardage.

too bad they missed the opportunity to trade Ingram, may have been able to get a decent lineman for him at the deadline.  

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

My daughters 1st day of HS back in person hybrid was Thursday..... and Friday was most likely her last . CCPS meets Wednesday to reassess but we all know what's coming.  A friend of mine who is a administrator for CCPS told me Sunday  HALF of my daughter's HS total enrollment is failing at this moment . Unacceptable.  Many parents including me aren't going to sit back and due nothing anymore.  I plan on protesting.  I'm not sure exactly how/ what since I have my electrical business to run but at minimum I'll be involved to make our voices heard . :)

The students of mine who are failing are failing because they won’t do shit and turn nothing in. They are treating this as some sort of vacation. At least for me, it’s not the virtual aspect of this but rather the attitude of some students and the hands off don’t have a care in the world attitude of their parents. Just needed to get that in there LOL.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

The students of mine who are failing are failing because they won’t do shit and turn nothing in. They are treating this as some sort of vacation. At least for me, it’s not the virtual aspect of this but rather the attitude of some students and the hands off don’t have a care in the world attitude of their parents. Just needed to get that in there LOL.

Think that is the secondary but more damaging effect of the virus. Kids lose the sense of personal obligation when there is no personal contact. Once lost, not so sure it is easily recaptured...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I could see that being the case.  I'm fortunate enough that the two I have in school now are overachievers.  They push themselves on their own and I'm honestly very hands off.  

My older son who is a sophomore in college is struggling this semester with the virtual learning.  

We all need to remember that all kids are different, and all of them learn in different ways.  I don't disagree that some of them might be lazy, but maybe they don't know any better.  All in all, it is the responsibility of the parents to be involved to help advocate when their children need it. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

I could see that being the case.  I'm fortunate enough that the two I have in school now are overachievers.  They push themselves on their own and I'm honestly very hands off.  

My older son who is a sophomore in college is struggling this semester with the virtual learning.  

We all need to remember that all kids are different, and all of them learn in different ways.  I don't disagree that some of them might be lazy, but maybe they don't know any better.  All in all, it is the responsibility of the parents to be involved to help advocate when their children need it. 

It’s not so much being lazy as indifferent. Kids are conditioned in elementary and middle schools that they will advance regardless of performance. When they get to high school that changes to a degree, but they are still of the mindset that they will move on. This isn’t about learning or not learning because of the different system we find ourselves in. The students of mine who do their assignments and turn them in are doing fine overall even if the struggle to learn the concepts is a bit more than normal. Teachers are very good at factoring in the difficulties when making an assessment of a students performance. For the student who turns in nothing, no understanding of the situation can take place. I have several students who have literally turned nothing in since the beginning of school. And many of them are in school, not strictly virtual.

1 hour ago, etudiant said:

Think that is the secondary but more damaging effect of the virus. Kids lose the sense of personal obligation when there is no personal contact. Once lost, not so sure it is easily recaptured...

They should just call it day and reopen everything.. we have over a million confirmed cases per week.. is anyone actually taking this seriously anymore?

In other news.. someone came up with the idea to sell rotten produce under the guise of sustainability...

https://www.misfitsmarket.com/

This getting better every day!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Whatever.. they will be passed along.. 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

My daughters 1st day of HS back in person hybrid was Thursday..... and Friday was most likely her last . CCPS meets Wednesday to reassess but we all know what's coming.  A friend of mine who is a administrator for CCPS told me Sunday  HALF of my daughter's HS total enrollment is failing at this moment . Unacceptable.  Many parents including me aren't going to sit back and due nothing anymore.  I plan on protesting.  I'm not sure exactly how/ what since I have my electrical business to run but at minimum I'll be involved to make our voices heard . :)

The protest was this past Saturday in DC.. you missed it!

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

This has been my experience. I do think the issue is too many don’t have the maturity and responsibility to do what is necessary without a teacher there physically to lean into them so to speak. That’s as much a societal failure as their individual one. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic