Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2020

George BM

53 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just talked to my 10 th gr daughter and she said it was awesome to be back in school and she said she had a great 1st day . Hope you're kids did to. My oldest a senior is stuck doing her Carroll community college dual enrollment classes all virtual probably through May the way it looks. So she will never set foot in the college itself most likely.  As long as Temple university is back in person by next Fall so she can compete gymnastics . As far as sports ...all club leagues have been going since June . And many use the public school fields.  So there's no reason HS sports can't with appropriate safety measures.  Heck many HS teachers are coaching these club teams . Good luck with the basketball btw.

Thanks.  Glad to hear that it went well for your two.  My two both seemed happy as well. I do know that my 10th grader had class sizes of 6, 5, 2 and 3; so a lot of students are staying virtual.  I picked them up today and most of the busses were 90% empty.  Luckily for my Senior, he had dual enrollment, but the course is at South Carroll in their "tech center" , so he is getting it in-person. He is a math/science kid, so this helps since it is English 101.   :-)  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

We're almost ready. As you know, this is a year unlike any other, and we've needed to fortify our compound. 

muralla-de-avila-fortified-walls-of-avil

Of course, we will have guards to ensure strict compliance with social distancing mandates. 

skeletons1_6883.jpg

We are ready. We have greatly increased our medical staff, and we are prepared for whatever comes our way. 

500_F_92312342_au5wlKdHLUrHTGEa5G165SoyG

Scared of being in the bubble alone? We've got the deal for you! For the first time ever, we are offering couples discounts!

Buy a suite and get a discount on couples therapy. 

7IWrIY5.jpg

I would guess he just offered to trade someone for a KU 2 day, dry powder 3 footer, with lasting power .As always ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Best ad for legal services I’ve ever seen. I’m working on an appendix for the KU volumes. It will be specifically on oak leaf drop. It will cover depth, drifting, wet, dry and fall/wind ratios. And thanks to the Mid A sub forum; a special section on the climate reality of leaf slides will be added. The appendix can be left as an unattached reading material in the P.R. Lounge or be given as an addition to the welcome bag. At worst the appendix can be read, at best it can be used in the facilities when the residents run out after reading another another cold season projection. I passed it on to DT for peer review. He’s a brilliant young man and gave me an honest, well meaning, sometimes poignant and a mostly 4 letter word review. As always ...

• Like 2

So Mr. J was unable to find chicken legs at our local Co-op when doing shopping last week. And he forgot to move them to another stores list, so no chicken legs that I needed for dinner. 

But wait! The Recipe queen has pulled a fast one and came up with a substitute. He did get a couple packs of Boneless skinless thighs as they were a managers special and were being sold half off. I had just thrown them in the freezer to use at sometime. Also have an extra pack of bacon on hand and some chicken scratch... so came up with bacon wrapped chicken thighs for dinner tonight. It's like pantry raider meets the freezer! Stay tuned for my ad lib meal. :D

• Like 7

13 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Snow is serious business. As a full service operation, we like to think ahead at The Panic Room.

We have legal counsel on retainer to cover all your needs. We’re offering 40% off divorce services with the discount code EURO.

For estate planning, we’re offering 20% off with the discount code POS NAO.

No bones about it, our staff are the best around.

JjCtBaQ.jpg

sVg6jdq.jpg

WW, if the above Attorney has a much older, unattached Aunt, please let me know. As always .....

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

We're almost ready. As you know, this is a year unlike any other, and we've needed to fortify our compound. 

muralla-de-avila-fortified-walls-of-avil

Oh, we knew you must have been working on something good!  Just a little concerned is all, having heard nothing from the Reaper in so long!  Brilliant fortifications, to keep the extreme weenies out who might otherwise ruin the establishment!  I guess you have guards at the gate taking people's temperatures to make sure they'e OK to come in!

Of course, we will have guards to ensure strict compliance with social distancing mandates. 

skeletons1_6883.jpg

Is that from "Jason and the Argonauts" (or maybe I'm thinking of "Clash of the Titans)??  Great movie!

We are ready. We have greatly increased our medical staff, and we are prepared for whatever comes our way. 

500_F_92312342_au5wlKdHLUrHTGEa5G165SoyG

Love it!  No x-rays required!!!

Scared of being in the bubble alone? We've got the deal for you! For the first time ever, we are offering couples discounts!

Buy a suite and get a discount on couples therapy. 

7IWrIY5.jpg

Whoa!  The amenities of this place are just over the top!  Couples therapy for the distraught snow weenie looking at models every night while their significant other falls into depression due to lack of attention!  Looks like this guy fantasizes over 384-h GFS snowstorms more than the woman he's with!!:lol:  I think Dr. Bones will set him right!

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Snow is serious business. As a full service operation, we like to think ahead at The Panic Room.

We have legal counsel on retainer to cover all your needs. We’re offering 40% off divorce services with the discount code EURO.

For estate planning, we’re offering 20% off with the discount code POS NAO.

No bones about it, our staff are the best around.

JjCtBaQ.jpg

sVg6jdq.jpg

Classy high-powered lawyers...love it!  I wonder if they'd do pro bone-o work for those who need counsel but don't have an unlimited bank account.

(Oh, I'm sorry, I put "classy" and "lawyer" in the same sentence, my bad!  No offense to any lawyers out there! :lol:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If pfizer is required to submit its recipe for the vaccine as part of emergency use authorization, the US Government should have a lab on stand by to clone it and start manufacturing it immediately.  I am hearing stuff about "ethical distribution".. umm no.. we have the nukes.. we have the money.. we have the smartest scientists in the world.  That should be our vaccine. 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Maybe it's been said but I mulch the leaves up with my riding mower.  Good for the soil and grass .

I'm leaving things messy this year.  I'll mulch or rake the leaves on the grass, but I'm leaving the leaves in my mulch beds.  Good habitat for overwintering insects.  Hopefully will also save me a bunch of money on lawn bags.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I'm leaving things messy this year.  I'll mulch or rake the leaves on the grass, but I'm leaving the leaves in my mulch beds.  Good habitat for overwintering insects.  Hopefully will also save me a bunch of money on lawn bags.  

All of my leaves go into the garden every year. It starts out as 2-3’ pile of fluff, but by spring, it’s an inch of compost.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Ramjet said:

Just moved from Remington, VA to a new log home off of Harpers Ferry Road in western Loudoun.  Can someone recommend which Davis weather station is the best bang for the buck.  I wuld really appreciate it.

I have the Davis Vantage Vue but it is an older model. There was someone on here that got a new one recently that is everything contained in a cylinder housing. Forget what the name of it was. 

And I know the area you are in. I used to drive that stretch of road over from MD to get to Round Hill, VA until we moved my daughters pony south of Lovettesville. 

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

After some leaf removal, driveway fixing, and Jeep washing, time for a break. 

Double Duckpin DIPA is tasting mighty good.

Regretting getting the black Jeep.  It’s stays clean for about as long as our snow stays on the ground..for 20 minutes.  It’s an awesome 20 minutes but still.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Regretting getting the black Jeep.  It’s stays clean for about as long as our snow stays on the ground..for 20 minutes.  It’s an awesome 20 minutes but still.  

I have had 3 black Jeeps- a Cherokee, GC Limited, and a GC  SRT8. Never again. You have to have a love of labor to own a black vehicle. Last 3 GCs have been silver or gray(including the Overland I have now). Won't own a vehicle that is any other color now.

Just spent the last half hour building a turtle platform. The younger Miss J has a 9" long Red Eared slider, got it from a friend who no longer could take care of it. Anyways she is a big turtle and her current set up was not working for baskin. Got a piece of plexi made some cuts, drilled some holes and she added some river rocks for traction. She is installing it now. Our house is a darn zoo!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Roger Ramjet said:

Just moved from Remington, VA to a new log home off of Harpers Ferry Road in western Loudoun.  Can someone recommend which Davis weather station is the best bang for the buck.  I wuld really appreciate it.

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Welcome! I have the VP2 and I love it. A bit pricey, but these things are an investment. 

I've had my VP2 since 2011.  Works great.  The only problem is that once you have it, you want to keep enhancing it.  I added the wireless anemometer transmitter so I could mount it on the roof, the UV sensor, and then the Ambient Weather Weatherbridge so that putting the data on the internet is easy.

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

I have had 3 black Jeeps- a Cherokee, GC Limited, and a GC  SRT8. Never again. You have to have a love of labor to own a black vehicle. Last 3 GCs have been silver or gray(including the Overland I have now). Won't own a vehicle that is any other color now.

That’s quite the car collection.  The SRT8 looks amazing in black.  I have a wrangler JL.  Also amazing in black.  It’s a saharacon.  I put Rubicon rims on it and rockrails.  It’a a good look.  

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic