Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2020

George BM

12 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

There are ways to find legit objective news.  Problem is it won’t be on 24 hour networks. That’s because they have to fill time and they do it by punditry where they talk about the news. That’s not the news. That’s talking heads telling you how to feel about the news.  The actual news they report isn’t really that biased. The pure Fox News and CNN news desk stuff isn’t that far apart. But then they fill the other 80% of their time with biased commentary tailored to their audience to tell you how you should feel about that news.  Wonder what would happen if a network filled that time with feel good stories and lesser known real news vs noise. 

My wife was complaining about censorship the other day...  "what about the first amendment".. in reality they own the platform and they can do what ever they want.. 

16 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I’ll say this, it certainly is nice “sit on the front porch and drink a beer” weather.

I’m all for cold holidays, but it would be ok with me to get a nice day like we’ve had in the last week on Thanksgiving so I could have my mom and dad over in the backyard without worrying about them getting sick. Otherwise, I think it’s going to be a quiet turkey day here.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

My 10th grader starts in person today.  Carroll county public schools at their meeting last night tried to pull the rug out last minute AGAIN ( 12 hours before)but they said that would be shitty move . My daughter is super excited. 

I have 2 going back today too....they are so looking forward to lunch.  Happy they didn't pull the rug, but it probably will be yanked in a few weeks.  

At least High School Basketball is starting on Dec 7th....for now. 

So...@WxWatcher007...where is this year's Panic Room?  Reaper taking an extended vacation?  There were so many promises of upgrades!  I was particularly looking forward to the snakes you advertised, as long as they've been better trained, and don't spill the drinks when they knock on your door!

Is it social distancing issues, and limited space as a result?  Can't keep people 6 feet under...errrr...6 feet apart??  No bone sanitizer available?  Reaper working with a...skeletal crew this year??  (pun very much intended!!):lol:

I'm sure this will be a record-breaking year for you going by some of the discussion.  Consider it the inverse of winter 2009-10!  @Ji might ask for his money back if he isn't allowed in...hasn't he reserved a penthouse suite years in advance, using his "I cancelled winter first this season!" coupon??  He must get as many of those as I do of the Bed, Bath, and Beyond 20% off coupons!!

But in all seriousness (if I can be)...hope you are doing well these days!

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic