• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
November Banter 2020

George BM

It blows my mind that my area already saw an ice storm this year. Earliest winter event on record, along with the earliest measured snowfall at KMAF ever. As it would have it, there's no fall or winter to be seen for the foreseeable future haha. Oh man, this place is something else.

Send me some fall y'all!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

50 inches season imby

30 inches season yby.

I saw Heart in concert in Bristow 

Yes I live right near there.  It’s funny that some non descriptive dot on a map has some of the areas biggest music venues.  We are home to great outdoor concerts and the R/S line.  Best one I saw by far was Motley Crue in 2015. I have to admit I miss going to concerts and even those 12 dollar cans of beer.  

46 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Ravens offense better 'find themselves' in this game, with the defense short handed today. Otherwise it could get pretty ugly. That fumble return for a TD saved them temporarily, but the Colts are doing whatever they want.

I know they’re short handed on both sides of the ball, but wow...they aren’t good.

12 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I know they’re short handed on both sides of the ball, but wow...they aren’t good.

What made the Ravens offense go last year was a truly dominant OL. This year they are not even mediocre, and are awful on the interior. Christ the center cant even get the ball to Jackson cleanly today. Jackson is not  Mahomes- unless the OL play improves, they will struggle to beat the teams that are dominant on the D line. Pretty surprised they didn't make more moves at the deadline to get another legit weapon in the passing game, although that may not have helped much given the issues they are having. And Roman's complete lack of creativity doesn't help either.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Ravens offense better 'find themselves' in this game, with the defense short handed today. Otherwise it could get pretty ugly. That fumble return for a TD saved them temporarily, but the Colts are doing whatever they want.

Maybe they did.

Lets see if the D can do their thing now.

23 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

You guys worry too much . I mean ...u don't get 450 yards against Pittsburgh by accident.  Turnovers hurt in that game and still came down to the last play. Go Ravens!!

True but penalties and turnovers are killers, and the offense has been sputtery all season. The second half today finally resembled last season's offense. Scrappy effort from the D considering Marlon not being available and 6 players not practicing at all this week. Hope Campbell's injury isn't serious. He has been a beast up front.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 6:37 AM, losetoa6 said:

Sure has . I stopped watching News and TV for 10 years because it was extremely biased,  full of propaganda , pushing narratives etc, until this past February and I started watching again because of covid.  Boy that was a mistake.  MSM is unfortunately exponentially worse and now we have Social media giants censoring.  Its completely out of hand . The only real social media I'm on is this site lol. I have a Facebook account but i hardly ever post or look at it . 

On 11/7/2020 at 7:43 AM, dailylurker said:

The good news is we all know it's corrupt. Now how do we fix it.

On 11/7/2020 at 9:40 AM, CAPE said:

There are sources for objective, basic news, without leanings or sensationalism. Most people seem to crave integrated opinion and commentary components that support a particular narrative though. 

There are ways to find legit objective news.  Problem is it won’t be on 24 hour networks. That’s because they have to fill time and they do it by punditry where they talk about the news. That’s not the news. That’s talking heads telling you how to feel about the news.  The actual news they report isn’t really that biased. The pure Fox News and CNN news desk stuff isn’t that far apart. But then they fill the other 80% of their time with biased commentary tailored to their audience to tell you how you should feel about that news.  Wonder what would happen if a network filled that time with feel good stories and lesser known real news vs noise. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, H2O said:

Positive vaccine news.  Not going down any other rabbit hole with this.  It needs to be studied.  But this is encouraging

In all seriousness, very positive news. Good deal.

Also, went to Rehobeth on Saturday with my better half and the equally better dog to take advantage of the mid-May weather. it was...pretty damn nice.

Further also, the winter season I can finally think about chasing to see snow and it looks like the closest snow will be Calgary seems...about par for my course.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic