Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter 2020

George BM

11 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Great discussion in here, as always.

I am done....just waiting for the election dust to settle and I will present.

I think that content moderation is on high alert because no one has made a peep about the election.. I guess people are scared.

yeah . state of maryland is going open up emissions testing- but allows MOCO to close private industry.!? bars , auto re[air, restaurants, etc..  people  will take their money to other county’s ?  yeah moco hates private industry.   

‘if your in private industry you know,. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

More extreme fear mongering.  Very misleading headline.  They say 1st " OUTBREAK " but its literally 2 positive cases that the Carroll  county health dept has under control. Highschool is supposed to return Thursday in person but I'm betting big money they pull the rug out last minute yet again . The Carroll county superintendent said himself there's NO PROOF that Covid  is spreading in the schools . Families should have the right of choice... period . 

The media has basically lost all credibility. 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Sure has . I stopped watching News and TV for 10 years because it was extremely biased,  full of propaganda , pushing narratives etc, until this past February and I started watching again because of covid.  Boy that was a mistake.  MSM is unfortunately exponentially worse and now we have Social media giants censoring.  Its completely out of hand . The only real social media I'm on is this site lol. I have a Facebook account but i hardly ever post or look at it . 

The good news is we all know it's corrupt. Now how do we fix it.

57 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Those kind of headlines burn me up. Sadly, there’s a market for that kind of stuff. People are drawn to certain things and it’s good for ratings so it keeps perpetuating. That’s across the spectrum so don’t read that as a political statement.

I’d love to see more not for profit news organizations or something that’s more like a public trust. Boring, but thoughtful and objective. But I don’t think that’ll happen.

There are sources for objective, basic news, without leanings or sensationalism. Most people seem to crave integrated opinion and commentary components that support a particular narrative though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Sure has . I stopped watching News and TV for 10 years because it was extremely biased,  full of propaganda , pushing narratives etc, until this past February and I started watching again because of covid.  Boy that was a mistake.  MSM is unfortunately exponentially worse and now we have Social media giants censoring.  Its completely out of hand . The only real social media I'm on is this site lol. I have a Facebook account but i hardly ever post or look at it . 

Sorry for the Covid post, but my kid go to High School in Carroll county and all of the cased among those kids are from those who went to large parties.  I understand that they probably are not at a high risk and will more than likely recover quickly (if not asymptomatic), but this has to fall on the parents.  I have actually heard a few parents regretting letting their kids go. :-(

I'm just happy that my kids are smart enough to understand the risk of spreading to their grandmother who lives with us...and have chosen wisely. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic