• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Website Builder Suggestions and Help? thanks!

ChescoWx

Hey guys looking for some help from those a bit more web savvy than I am.

I am in the middle of trying to refresh my tired old website. I spoke with GoDaddy yesterday and they recommended Dreamweaver or Webflow....however they look a bit pricey to me with a monthly fee. I already pay GoDaddy for hosting so looking for a free alternative. I did download and started to play around with a free program called BlueGriffon yesterday. Have not gone too far yet but hoping for some suggestions. Thanks! Paul

Dreamweaver is pretty comprehensive, and it helps a ton if you know how to code HTML/PHP/CSS (among others).  That's the only true web developing program I've ever used.

If you don't have much experience coding, you can consider using something like Squarespace which gives you templates and does most of the backend work for you.  Most of those sites end up looking a tad "samey" which might be a turn-off, but if you aren't overly concerned with looks, you might not care.  I'm guessing for your needs, you'll be more concerned about functionality and utility versus aesthetics.  Wordpress is another option.

If you're data-heavy, building a MySQL/SQL database will be a more intensive task but may be worth it in the long-run.  That said, it really depends what you need.  If you're not relying on queries or interactivity much then it's possibly overkill.

I used to do freelance web developing back in the day.  It has been a few years since I've truly built a website from scratch, but if you needed some assistance with basic things I could probably help.  Likewise if there are any graphics you need.

• Like 1