Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2020 General Discussion

SchaumburgStormer

On 11/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, andyhb said:

Toronto Island gusted to 73 mph, Niagara Airport gusted to 87 mph. This is a major wind event for the Eastern Lakes.

This was over the weekend. Very careless and I suspect some people will file lawsuits lol. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/juux1a/heavy_winds_causing_plywood_to_fly_off_a_yonge_st/ 

2 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

This was over the weekend. Very careless and I suspect some people will file lawsuits lol. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/juux1a/heavy_winds_causing_plywood_to_fly_off_a_yonge_st/ 

That has to be foam insulation board, or incredibly high winds as that is not falling like a sheet of plywood 

• Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 1:33 PM, SchaumburgStormer said:

That has to be foam insulation board, or incredibly high winds as that is not falling like a sheet of plywood 

Wind gusts peaked at 70mph. You're right it's probably foam insulation board. Hope nobody got hurt or got their cars damaged. 

Been a minute since I’ve come on here. Life has been extremely busy with finishing college. Graduate in just a couple weeks. 

Got my first 0.1” of snow for the season on the 16th. 

I was on the Lake Michigan shore for the wind/wave event on Sunday. While *quite* as impressive as what happened on Lake Erie, there were still 15-20 footers on the lake. Gusts around 60mph caused tree damage and minor structural damage. The waves lashing the shore were just insane. Definitely a little larger waves than the November 1st gale. U1vk0CZ.jpgSqNmZTN.jpgZ4IOa6G.jpgNIV6AqA.jpg

Video: 

• Like 12

18z NAM has ~3-4" (7-10cm) for Toronto Sun night-Mon. I don't buy it but there's a possibility folks from Detroit-Ottawa could see their potential first snow event of the season. Upper air temps will be solidly below freezing but sfc temperatures will be marginal at best unless we see some CAD. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Hmm.  May have to dig into this later.

Well, I looked, and I'm not sure.  Some critical differences exist in the thermal profiles between the NAM and GFS.  I tend to think the GFS is a little too warm and would not be surprised to see band of wet snow running through here or nearby, but certainly not willing to go all-in on the NAM.