Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2020 General Discussion

SchaumburgStormer

10 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

On and off snow flurries here today as well. Some decent lake effect snow bands off Georgian Bay and Lake Huron currently. 

Can't wait for that warm-up next week. 

Yep, me too. Looks like true Indian summer for the Hoosier state.

A very late summer day here with temps in the mid-upper 60's here even topping 70 in some spots with mild SW winds. Pleasant weather in the 60's all week until the strong front moves through Sun into Mon next week. Top 5 record weather easy. The wild swings of Fall continue. Winter starts in a couple weeks tho. Still holding to my forecast, so we'll see how that works out.

I woke up to something miraculous, blue skies and not **** weather!! :D My dream is in sight, my 7-day is showing both 20ºC and sunny conditions for at least one day! I've had 18C with high winds and mostly cloudy (in Nov) but never that gold standard since I've started. Incredibly both Sun and Mon show no clouds and near 20C - average winds. If it verifies, it would be by far the best Nov weather of my life, I'm not going to mention what that reminds me of as not to jinx this ;). Alpena MI showed 24ºC (75F) just a little while ago, crazy.

In fact I don't remember the last time I've seen a clear blue sky day here in Nov, more rare than a quad rainbow. Maybe 9 years ago?

• Like 2

Interesting read concerning the warmth from IWX:

HAVE RAISED HIGHS FRIDAY THROUGH TUESDAY GENERALLY 1 TO 4 DEGREES GIVEN DROUGHT FEEDBACK ENCOUNTERED YESTERDAY, 
A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF SUN, THE PROXIMITY OF THE UPPER RIDGE (586-588 DEKAMETERS), AND CLIMO RECORDS. 
FOR NOV 6-9, FT WAYNE HAD A DAILY HIGH TEMPERATURES OF 74 OR WARMER 5 TIMES IN PAST 100 YEARS, SO THIS IN 
INDICATIVE OF AN EXTREMELY RARE EVENT; HOWEVER, BELIEVE THESE HIGHS WILL BE REALIZED GIVEN THE ANOMALOUSLY 
STRONG UPPER LEVEL RIDGE. THE ENSEMBLE SITUATIONAL AWARENESS TABLE INDICATES THE RIDGE IS SO STRONG FOR 
THIS TIME OF YEAR IT WILL BE OUTSIDE OF THE CLIMATE PERCENTILES, INDICATING A BETTER 
CHANCE FOR RECORD HIGHS.
RECORD HIGHS:
              FRI    SAT    SUN   MON   TUES
              11/6   11/7   11/8  11/9  11/10

SOUTH BEND    78     74     72     75    71
FORT WAYNE    78     75     73     74    70  
LONG TERM...SKIPPER
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, WestMichigan said:

@weatherbo How is the snow holding up to this warm weather?

As of today the snow is completely gone. The temp reached 72 yesterday and “only” 58 today, and 60’s (some upper at that) look good for a few more days. I’m not complaining... getting a lot of yard stuff done. 
Been here long enough to know winter will roar back and the snow will get deep.

19 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

There is typical disagreement for being ~5 days out, but this would probably be a decent severe weather threat next Tuesday if it verifies:

floop-ecmwf_full-2020110512.sfcwind_mslp.conus.gif.0925af60e31800891972737f950ba6d3.gif

Cue the La Nina SE ridge being amped up by a November Gulf hurricane. :weenie:

Severe weather?  What is this concept that you speak of? :P

The question that jumps out at me right away is whether moisture return would be sufficient.  Looks like a fairly typical dynamic system for this time of year though.

• Like 1