Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 30 Observation Thread

moneypitmike

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

C’mon man...those are orange Halloween lights and the white ones lining the walkway are little ghosts. :lol:

DIT parked his vehicle on the street to have an evenly snowed driveway so how far one goes, don’t know. They look alot like Christmas lights tbh but then again, your camera. 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

DIT parked his vehicle on the street to have an evenly snowed driveway so how far one goes, don’t know. They look alot like Christmas lights tbh but then again, your camera. 

This angle is probably a little easier to tell they are orange...man, what a ridiculous Halloween with the covid safety measures and all the snow.....but all that matters is the kids had a blast. 

F228D2FF-81CD-4134-BA52-E935F8BB7AF2.jpeg.828c8d61fa2d4df0af7ab7dc8373d082.jpeg

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

So good to see kids have a a little sense of normalcy tonight. 

Yep. It was a little different but to all the little ones running around getting their candy at tables set up or through pipes or just tossed into their bags, it was just the same as ever. They got their candy while in costumes and had the added “fun” of snow everywhere. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Got pretty cold towards the end.  Our town for some reason extended trick or treat by an hour. It was 27F when we wrapped things up. Way fewer trick or treaters

D6CBDBD6-42F4-4598-AD11-429BC17B919A.jpeg

How can your town dictate trick or treat times?  I’d protest that before I would any mask mandate!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

So good to see kids have a a little sense of normalcy tonight. 

Amen to that.  Mine seemed to get  triple the candy they have gotten in previous years.  About the same amount of houses handing out, but maybe due to less kids they gave more to each kid?  

5 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Amen to that.  Mine seemed to get  triple the candy they have gotten in previous years.  About the same amount of houses handing out, but maybe due to less kids they gave more to each kid?  

Same here. A lot of houses were giving out “baggies” of candy. Basically ziploc bags with 4-5 pieces in each one instead of the usual one or two you’d get at a house. 

Also, an unusually high number of houses gave out full sized candy bars this year. I think a lot people were feeling bad for the kids with all the crap they’re going through with school. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Same here. A lot of houses were giving out “baggies” of candy. Basically ziploc bags with 4-5 pieces in each one instead of the usual one or two you’d get at a house. 

Also, an unusually high number of houses gave out full sized candy bars this year. I think a lot people were feeling bad for the kids with all the crap they’re going through with school. 

I noticed the same exact thing. We did the baggy thing on the clothes line. Most others had tables at the end of the driveway. Lots of full sizes candy bars. 

• Like 1

Snowfall totals from the very early season winter storm in CT. Tried to use the same ranges on the forecast and then add an additional 4-6 range for the areas that went above my highest range. Nailed the shore and most of the state through the CT river valley up through BDL. 2-4 range in the hills with higher amounts in a small area in the NW and larger area in the NE. If anyone has any additional reports or i missed any id be happy to add them. Thanks for the reports. Grade: B-

10_30.20_snow_totals.thumb.jpg.7063db9d3bd6e070148048a9a9f37876.jpg

10_29.20_forecast.thumb.jpg.746269c8ed29333019ebbba819ba20fa.jpg

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I noticed the same exact thing. We did the baggy thing on the clothes line. Most others had tables at the end of the driveway. Lots of full sizes candy bars. 

We gave out full sized bars and had them set out on an illuminated table in our driveway. We sat by a fire pit some distance away. We still have a ton of bars left

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We did exactly that-handed out full size here-first time ever...

We did the baggies with 3 pieces set on a table in the driveway. We were prepared for up to 60. 55 bags left.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk