Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 30 Observation Thread

moneypitmike

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

About 3" of slush in Chelsea at work...

4" of a mixture of textures in my mom's in Wilmington....the top layer was a bit fluffier.

At home in Methuen is 2" of powder....crazy.

Did you make a forecast? Sorry if I didn't see it , how did you do?

Just now, kdxken said:

Did you make a forecast? Sorry if I didn't see it , how did you do?

I spent very little time on this because I have been consumed by the winter outlook. But I expected a region wide coating to 2", with some higher spots near 3".

I didn't make a map or anything....but if I had, I would give it like a D. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I spent very little time on this because I have been consumed by the winter outlook. But I expected a region wide coating to 2", with some higher spots near 3".

I didn't make a map or anything....but if I had, I would give it like a D. 

Still early, you're just rounding into shape.

Just now, kdxken said:

Still early, you're just rounding into shape.

I don't even have my model packages yet....I just briefly glanced at Pivotal wx.

I knew there was some upside, but I did not expect anyone to get 7"...my call would have been better had I  put in the effort, but I still would have been low.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think your area was about the se extent of the appreciable snows...

It might have been.  Historic event here, no doubt.  Never expected this.  Thought mangled flakes would have been about it.  Quite a wet storm overall too.  Think we ended up with around 2” of liquid.

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

All in good fun man. Need to take advantage of the wins when I get them. Ha 

An axis from Ginxy to you to Scooter is by far the most impressive part of this storm to me at this point.  That's truly awesome that the Advisory level snows made it that far southeast.

This was bigger than October 2011 for you right?  I think the period of return from IJD to TAN to BOS line has got to be pretty large.  Once in a lifetime type stuff?  Who knows these days though.

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

An axis from Ginxy to you to Scooter is by far the most impressive part of this storm to me at this point.  That's truly awesome that the Advisory level snows made it that far southeast.

This was bigger than October 2011 for you right?  I think the period of return from IJD to TAN to BOS line has got to be pretty large.  Once in a lifetime type stuff?  Who knows these days though.

Think we only had 1-2” here for that.  3-5” trounces that.

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I think we got like 1-2” of slop at the end of the 2011 event, this blows that out of the water as bob said.

Just a hair under 5” here, which I would say is historic, and probably a once in a lifetime return rate.

Hell, this would be up there if it happened in November too.

Not to use to much hyperbole, but this is definitely a memorable event for me.